Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Longest Blog Post EVER


Man... I was doing so good with the blog posts. I feel like new mommyhood, being a working mom, and midnight feedings have finally caught up with me. Here in lies the lack of blog posts. I feel like returning to school after Spring Break was almost harder than returning from maternity leave. Brynn is so much fun and I appreciated my time with her so much. 

So what's been going on? Tom and I celebrated our 4 Year Anniversary. Last year I surprised Tom by telling him we were pregnant. Needless to say this year was less eventful and way more laid back.
I cannot believe that one year ago we found out we were pregnant. It feels like it was yesterday.. Our anniversary feel on a school night for me and a work night for Tom. Our sweet family volunteered to babysit and love on Brynn but we decided to include our girl in the celebration. We had a lowkey night with to go Macaroni Grill and a family dinner. We didn't shortchange ourselves though. We ate our to go on our wedding china. It was our first time to eat on it...in four years. Italian food and a Nothing Budnt Cake for dessert. Brynn had rice cereal and sat at the table in her Bumbo. It was so fun to have her at the table with us

Is this picture not to die for? It captures a Daddy's Love so sweetly. He loves us well. And she adores him as well.

























Miss B graduated from rice cereal to oatmeal. Mama grabbed oatmeal with banana and she loves it. She is getting much better at actually swallowing the mixture instead of pushing it out with her tongue. It is so fun to watch her become interested in things. She has started reaching for the spoon and the bowl, pulling them towards her. Mama and Daddy are not a fan of the smells that come with oatmeal and rice cereal. Girl has some toxic toots going on. We're all hoping these go away as her tummy grows to know these new tastes.
We sat her in her highchair for the first time and this was the smile I got. She's so big! When did she get big enough to sit in her highchair alone? It's going by so fast...slow down girl.

We celebrated Brynn's first Easter. This holiday means so much more to me know after becoming a parent.  parent's love runs so deep. So deep. And I feel like I would already do anything for Brynn. The ultimate sacrifice was made when God sacrificed His son so we would be saved. What a great sacrifice He made for us. I feel so unworthy. We tried to soak in the holiday and remember the true meaning while creating our own family traditions.

 Daddy woke up early before the Easter family celebrations to dye Easter eggs with us. Brynn could have cared less about the eggs, she just wanted her Easter basket! I had so much fun stuffing it with goodies! Thanks Target :)
Brynn even visited the Easter Bunny. She begged to take Sophie with her but her mama said no. She did so good! I am predicting that next year won't go as smooth, based on the multiple meltdowns taking place around us. I loved her Easter dress. It was from Janie and Jack. A bit to expensive for my liking but we used a store credit, so well worth it.
We are loving the warmer weather. Brynn is already in her spring wardrobe and rocking the jellies! She was all smiles after an 8 o'clock Easter service with her mama. I just can't get enough of this little lady.
Whew... all caught up! :) Thanks for sticking with me.

No comments:

Post a Comment