Thursday, August 5, 2010

Summer is winding down here in Texas although the heat is still blazing. (I think the heat index was a whopping 109!!! Hot tamales it was a scorcher!) Tuesday was my last day working at Hallmark. It had to come to an end after I had a horrific nightmare about being completely unprepared on the first day of school. So tomorrow I am headed up to the classroom to work.

Tonight is the hubster's first night riding solo through the streets. He was temporarily put on the midnight shift, so I will "temporarily" be sleeping with the pets again. I didn't think I was all that nervous about it but while hugging him goodbye I noticed a slight lump in my throat. My mind is racing a bit but cleaning the guest room has kept me busy so far and I have a whole lot of Shark Week to catch up on.

After my officer gets off his midnight shift Saturday morning we are headed on vacation!!! He will roll home around 6 am and we will be road tripping it to San Antonio! I am so excited! The past year has been crazy with our schedules; teaching, the police academy, and our crazy summer. My officer has FOUR days off... IN A ROW! And we are putting it to good use. Plane tickets are outrageously expensive so we are utilizing what the great state of Texas has to offer.

San Antonio... here we come! A hotel on the Riverwalk, riding the river taxi, good food, poolside with sparkling sangria next to my hunk of a husband for FOUR days sounds great to me. I am quite excited! We may not be beating the heat, quite possibly getting hotter, but its a vacation that we did not think we would be able to take. Quite a nice surprise.

Back to Shark Week! :)

1 comment:

  1. San Antone?!? Tell The Acorn School I said hello. That's where me and the C went to preschool. Also, don't waste your hard earned $ on the zoo...it ain't what it used to be. Enjoy the vacay!

    ReplyDelete