Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Vacation is Over

Back to reality... we got back from San Antonio on Tuesday after 4 days of pure bliss and relaxation. But now the summer is coming to an end. I went straight back to working in my classroom getting ready for a new group of Kinder babies. I am excited to begin my second year of teaching. I feel way more prepared than I did last year at this time. Having a year of experience makes it a lot easier, along with not having to decorate a whole classroom. So I have just making some improvements and cutting yards and yards of lamination.... who wants to have a lamination cutting party?!?! I'm thinking Real Housewives of D.C. and wine? :)

I did it! I finally started packing today... as excited as I am about moving I could not motivate myself to start filling the boxes. The end of the month is quickly approaching along with a thing called the first day of school. I will be down for the count that first week so I made myself start packing today. So this is what our guest room looks like right now. Kali is moping around because she thinks we are going to desert her and the kitties think its their own personal playground. But we are getting somewhere folks...




In the midst of packing the hubs and I were dive bombed by some of the biggest horse flies in the world. In the past day I have killed 20+ of the most massive flies I have ever seen. I feel like they just kept reproducing in front of my eyes. Those suckers don't give up easy either... unless you don't give 'em a good crunch, they will pop back up for another attack. They're relentless. This picture describes how I was feeling when my packing was interrupted by chasing giant horseflies around, while my man friend just snickered at me while playing his video game.


Not a pretty sight...
By day wasn't all mourning the end of vacation or cursing at the packing tape sticking together or running through the apartment with a shoe in each hand. This morning after a doozy crossfit workout I went with two girlfriends to get a "Back to School Pedicure!" It was a delightful morning. And the topper was, it was Sangria Saturday!! What is that? Only the best day ever. While getting your feet rubbed on you could sip sweet sangria all morning. Why didn't I think of this glorious day? So here's to... Sangria Saturday! I will be celebrating for the rest of the night as well. I'm off to celebrate my girl, Kendra's Birthday! Happy Sangria Saturday! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment