Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Popcorn Trees & Spring Break

Spring has Sprung in Texas! The weather isn't quite warm enough for me yet but the temperatures keep climbing higher and higher. The sunshine is also blooming some of my favorite trees, Bradford Pears. I love the white blossoms and trees that look like clouds which line the streets.


Walking out to recess one day we passed a Bradford Pear tree and one of my sweet Kinder babies yelled out, "Look! A popcorn tree!" How perfect.... my heart was happy and from now on I will call them Popcorn Trees.



Spring has also spring in our backyard. Mr. H may feel the opposite of me because it means edging and mowing the lawn now that the grass is no longer dormant. I am loving all of the blooms which reminds me daily of God's creation and beauty.

Here are some of the pansies my mom and I planted this fall. I thought they had died with the snow storms we had this winter, but they are more perky than ever!


We have a real Pear Tree in our backyard. It just started blooming this week! I cannot wait for some juicy pears to appear. Bring on the Pear Crumbles....


These crazy looking blooms intrigue me. I am curious to see what they turn into. Right now they look like crazy green caterpillars crawling out of the branches.


School is out and Spring Break has started. This is just one of the million reasons I love being a teacher, we still get Spring Break! :) My beautiful college roommate, Jenna, came to visit us. I finally got to meet her adorable baby girl, Anleigh Jo. I had so much fun catching up with these girls and Jenna's mom and sister.

Ready to shop the Allen Outlet Mall... what a sweet girl!
And why in the world are there no pictures of me and Jenna?!? I don't have an answer, we will just have to get together sooner than later. I feel so blessed to call her my friend. She is the best mother and I am so grateful for a friendship like hers.

Spring Break is off to a great start and it will only get better! :) I wish you love, sunshine and a whole lotta "Popcorn Trees!"

No comments:

Post a Comment