Monday, November 9, 2009

It's smelling extra "dumpy" today...

Alright, I'm done defending it... we live by a dump and it SUCKS!

I've said, "Oh there's only been once or twice that we have smelled it..."
"It's only when it's been raining and when the wind blows, just right..."

Today has been the worst. While I was out on the patio dying pasta noodles for my class' upcoming Thanksgiving feast (another story) the wind started to blow "just right." It was terrible!!! So terrible Tom walked in and the first thing out of his mouth was, "It's smelling extra dumpy today!"

And that is how my Monday has gone... extra dumpy!
But instead of throwing myself a pity party I am going to celebrate a few praises in our lives in order to chase the Devil out of my dumpy Monday.

1. Finally I am finding the time to blog again! Reality I went to my mom's and got the pictures I wanted to share with you. Either way... I am updating!

2. Tom is in his fourth week of the Arlington Police Academy and doing quite well. Before his first day of the academy I threw him a surprise/ congratulations party with our families! He was very surprised and it was the perfect way to start our new beginning together. Here are a few pictures of his homemade goodies! :)

My hunky Police Officer!3. Tom and I have finally fallen into a routine now that we are trying to be grown ups, with our jobs. It has been very nice. We wake up at the same time as pleasant as I may not always be at 5 5 stinkin 30 in the morning. But it is still nice to share the earliest moments of the day with each other. I am doing better at having dinner ready for him when he gets home. This is absolutely my favorite part of our daily routine.. when we get to sit down at the table and eat dinner with each other. Whether its a good day and dinner is hot on the table waiting for him or we order Chilis ToGo, I love these moments. Here are a few of our favorite wines lately... Tom's pick is on the left and mine is on the right! :) 4. When the alarm clock blares at 5:30 Tom and I often say, "being a grown up stinks!" I have never appreciated the weekends more. This weekend Tom and I managed to waste away an in tire Saturday. Studying, cleaning and lesson planning were all on the Hruskocy agenda and not one thing was accomplished. On a detour after a lunch at Which Wich with the seester and the father, we meandered into Costco looking for a Thanksgiving turkey to deep fry. We left with no turkey but with a value pack of two quiches for Sunday's breakfast and a dog bed for Kali.

Tom had never been in a Costco and was amazed at all it had to offer... reminding us of our new favorite show Modern Family. (see #5) Although amazed he was a bit disappointed about leaving without a turkey although Kali did not share in his disappointment.#5. Modern Family: Our new favorite show. Wednesdays at 8pm. You should give it a try! :) http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wezT5rTaCmQ

#6. Our cool fall weather came early and now has gone into hiding. We were so excited to turn off our air conditioning, but in the past week we have had to turn it back down. The warmer weather blew in the smelly dump but also a flock of Canadian geese. I love that our apartment looks over a pond and when the stench is not too strong we can sit out on our patio. We were able to watch this geese land on the water and I snuck down and took some pictures.

#7. Although I have been M.I.A for a few weeks on our blog I have found the time to read some blogs. After weeks and weeks of hearing my mom rave about this awesome blog she found I gave in.... I LOVE the Pioneer Woman!!!! Around 10 oclock Sunday morning I opened her blog for a quick look but I fell in love with her way with words and reading chapter after chapter of her love story with her Marlboro Man. As the hours passed I helped myself to a second helping of quiche for lunch and finished the last chapter of Black Heels to Tractor Wheels with a huge smile on my face and a few dried tears, I do love a love story. So I can call myself a fan... sorry Mom for doubting you! :) But now after discovering and falling in love with the Pioneer Woman, my Payless cowboy boots simply won't do...

Luckily, it's beginning to look a lot like Christmas! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment