Sunday, November 29, 2009

A Week of Thanks

I have never enjoyed a Thanksgiving break as much as I did this year. The nine days off from work could not have come sooner. I am so blessed and each day I was reminded of the blessings in my life and how thankful I am.

The first day of my break the husband, myself and my parents went to one of my best friends' weddings. I have known Nate since elementary school and he is a lifelong friend. I have always loved weddings but this was different. I had never seen so much love in one place. I could not have been happier for my friend. A wedding means so much more to me now, as a wife... I know now why the bride is always smiling so big, because I too felt that way. It was so special to be a part of their night. It was a night full of love reminding me of how blessed I am to be married to my best friend. I had the hottest date there... I am thankful to have a husband who will not laugh at my stupid "dancing" faces or my moves but he dances beside me. (Consider yourself lucky if you have seen Tom getting down to his all time favorite wedding song, "Shout!") It was a great way to start the break.

My sister and I went to see New Moon on Monday morning. We went to the early bird special at 10:10 AM so we only had to pay $5! I have a mild, lets be honest crazed obsession with the Twilight series and had a hard time waiting through the weekend to see it. It was well worth the wait. Although after reading the books I was 100% Team Edward, after seeing the movie my heart hurt for Jacob. And I definitely did not mind the fact that Jacob became a werewolf requiring him to lose his shirt for the 2nd half of the movie. Taylor Swift is a lucky lady. I think I may have to re read the series to get my Twilight fix and hold me over until Eclipse comes out.

( This is the first time in my life where my hair is darker than hers... she is mad! :)

I spent the majority of the week cleaning our apartment and
conquering the mountain of laundry in our bedroom, the last load will be in the dryer tonight. I am thankful to have a husband who is just as messy as I am. But we did already agree that our New Year's resolution is to be cleaner, more organized people. Therefore, I am thankful that is November 29th and not January 1st. But the apartment is clean as it has ever been and only because we had to make room for the best gift... my parents gave us their china hutch! I was finally able to unwrap our china and serving ware from the boxes they came in for wedding presents. They have been hiding away stacked in our laundry room but now have a home in our beautiful hutch! I love it even more because it was my mom's because I love her so much;it is now and will forever be an family heirloom... if I ever give it up.


I am so thankful for the friends I have in my life. Each of you brings something special to my life and I love you ever so dearly. I love time off work to spend time with friends. Tom was busy spending time with our cousin Chip who came in for the Thanksgiving break so I had some time with the girls. Friday night me and Lindsay went to BJs with Lynsie and Dacia for girls night and then Saturday I went to Blue Goose with Mandi, Wendy and Stoney. We went back to their new house to see Kendra and Mandi's new Snorkie, Ellie. She is a mix between Schnauzer and a Yorkie and so precious.
Thanksgiving was amazing... we had two! One with the Hruskocy side and then the Farrell side. I love that we can do both. It was so fun to see all of our nieces and nephews. Then Tom got fry a turkey for the Farrell Thanksgiving. The pictures are on my mom's camera so I will have to post them soon. It was so wonderful to spend our first Thanksgiving surrounded by family, we are so thankful to live so close.

I was going to try and wait until after Thanksgiving to decorate our apartment for Christmas but after KLTY's SECOND Christmas preview... a weekend full of Christmas music, I could not resist the urges any longer. I ripped into our storage unit and half a day later... well you can imagine the husband's reaction when he walked into a winter wonderland since he just shook his head when he saw our Christmas blog layout in mid November. I have always loved everything Christmas but when your best friends are 19 kindergartners and you countdown the days until Christmas everyday... I am excited as they are. I am happy to have our own home, even if it is an apartment, to decorate and to start our own Hruskocy Christmas traditions. It is our first Christmas as husband and wife and I intend to take full advantage of every second of December! Instead of decking the Christmas tree with glitter and everything else girl, I bought some ornaments last year at Kohls with Tom's hunting obsession in mind. I love our little tree and the fact that I caught the husband closely inspecting the ornaments
tonight after dinner... I am thankful for the Christmas season.

We have decided to have a Christmas party... after Tom got over the shock of the decorations he asked if we should have one. Why? "Well you decorated it so nice, don't you think people should see it?" Oh yes I do love him! And I do love a Christmas party... so the date is to be decided upon but we will be having a Christmas party...

A TACKY CHRISTMAS SWEATER PARTY!


Don't be shocked if the upcoming posts include pictures like this...


(Here is Tom's! Since he loves Laila and Tucker soooo much!)


I am quite excited! Great idea husband! :)


I am so thankful for you all. Thank you for being a part of our lives. We love you!
P.S. There are 26 days until Christmas!! :) Just getting back into the Kindergarten groove! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment