Monday, March 8, 2010

Another Woman's Donation is Another Woman's Treasure 2nd Edition

First off.. I love Step Class! I love it because the instructor is a man... I was iffy at first. But there is just something about a man who can kick to high heaven and a pump you up Britney song that can make your night. Even better I walked in from taking our pup on a walk and my sweet husband was making dinner for us! It was such a nice surprise. He says he has to set the bar low... silly boy!

This past Saturday was gorgeous weather! Way too nice of a day to sit inside and feel sorry for our broken washer. And obviously laundry was not an option and Tom was working... so I seized the day and went thrifting. I went to 3 different Goodwills here is the metroplex, I loved driving with the windows down. I am so excited about my new treasures...


I have big plans for this beautiful frame. It's huge! I am going to use it for my idea/ inspiration board in the guest bedroom this summer. See the price tag? Its still on. Its like a little trophy reminding me on this steal..... $4.99
Iron basket... new remote control holder. We can never find it! $1.99
Wooden magazine rack. It matches the guest bedroom perfectly... $4.99
TRUE LOVE... ready for a repaint and a wedding picture... $2.99
I don't know what to call this but I am obsessed. I love things that can sit on the back of toilets... I know kind of weird. But it looks perfect with candles... $1.99
This is one of my favorite steals of the week. I have seen these keys in Pottery Barn and at Hobby Lobby. But none of those were this cheap... $5.99! LOVE IT!
How beautiful is this clock? For $4.99!!!
I showed Tom this clock and started telling him about my "plan" for our guest bedroom when we move this summer. His response was, "Uh oh, you have a vision?" Then he listened and smiled. I love him! He did like the little hooks inside the door. Perfect for keys! "Those may come in handy." he said. Like the remote I can never find my keys... see a reccuring problem here?

I love this plate hanger. $2.99
It works perfect as a holder for our wedding album.
Planter..$1.99
Leafy Garland $1.99
LOVE!
Hello pretty!!! How cute and girly... how much?
99 CENTS!
I cannot wait to find a little garland ball or birds nest to sit upon you.
When Tom came home from work he patiently listened while I told him the story of each little find and bragged about the steals I got them for... I do love him! He joked calling me a hoarder. We have been watching that TV show so its been on the brain. I have been asking myself the same question... but I really try to be reasonable and think what I can use it for in the house. But if I can buy 10 things at a resale store for the price of one item at a home decor store.... I am on board! Its the thrill of the hunt... searching for treasure.
Speaking of thrifting. Tomorrow is Tuesday and CCA resale gets their weekly shipment in! :) Happy Thrifting!

1 comment:

  1. Love it! My favorites are those two gorgeous frames!! Fantastic. Well done!! Since you enjoy thrifting, painting, and blogs, make sure you read this: http://www.abeachcottage.com/
    You'll fall in love!! :)

    ReplyDelete