Saturday, June 11, 2011

Noooo I am not completely ignoring the fact that I am in love with our new house, and everything house-like.... but I have even better news. We get to find out the gender of Baby H on Monday! Like, not tomorrow, but the day after-that Monday!


It seems like so long ago when we had our first doctors visit and they handed our sweet sonogram picture to us. It will be amazing to see how much this bean has developed since the Week 8 picture which was head, body and arm buds. I am dying for the next 48 hours to fly by!


People kept asking are we going to find out? Are you going to wait? Well if you know me... and especially if you know my husband you know that a surprise baby gender is not in the cards.


So far one of my favorite pregnancy memories has been when I told my Kindergarten class I was having a baby. Each morning at carpet time I write them a morning message to work on our writing skills and this message contained the surprise. I told them they had to read it by themselves and their faces were priceless. In their morning message I had them write to me telling me if they wanted the baby to be a boy or girl. The overwhelming majority picked girls... a premonition?!? :) I am so happy to have these messages and to be able to share them with Mr H.


" I want the baby to be a boy because so I can play with me" So sweet!




Look closely and you can see the baby sticking out of my belly :)


As the countdown has come to a close, baby names have been the topic of many discussions. Mind you, before our pregnancy anytime baby names came up in a random conversation Girl Names were hardly ever discussed, he was just certain it would be a boy. But now the reality has sunk in that chances are 50-50 baby! :) Funny but I have had no trouble thinking of boy names, even though we had previously agreed on one. But girl names are much much harder.


We joke and kid about wanting and "knowing" Baby H is a girl or a boy, but either way we feel blessed to be growing a healthy, large baby and cannot wait to share our exciting news with friends and family.


Only 48 hours to go...

No comments:

Post a Comment