Sunday, November 11, 2012

37 1/2 Weeks



How far along? 37 1/2 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Maternity...lots of leggings and Mr. Hs tshirts. I realized that due to Texas' abnormally warm weather I did not have to buy too many maternity clothes, I could live in my maxi dresses and skirts. That made this frugal cheap mama VERY happy!
Sleep: It just depends on the night now. Earlier this week I was sleeping through the night but the past few nights I have been waking up around 3:30 in the morning to pee and then dozing off and on until the alarm sounds. This heavy belly is weighing me down as a turn from side to side.
Miss Anything?  A heartburn free day. It seems to have gotten worse as the days pass. I also miss the ability to bend down to pick things up, shave my legs, tie my shoes, zip my boots... the list goes on and on. I just keep telling myself... A few more days.
Movement: This girl is ready to stretch out! She is so low now that when she stretches out her arms she is literally punching me in my hip. It's caught me off guard a few times. I have been able to see her move and shift from side to side when I finally sit still, I can't wait to see her stretch her sweet arms when she's out.
Food cravings: Still lots of water! It doesn't make the bathroom situation any easier. I am constantly running. That's what I am excited for is a normal bladder :) I haven't had too much of an appetite but I am loving me some Mexican food. Tacos! Or anything spicy.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Any foul smell. I have actually thrown up 2 times this past week from a stench. An empty stomach will also send my gag reflex over the edge as well. So a bowl of cereal is the first thing on the agenda when the alarm goes off.
Gender:  My sweet girl.
Labor Signs: Things are definitely moving along. She has dropped and as of Wednesday afternoon I was dilated to a 2 1/2. I am feeling a lot of pressure and the contractions have gotten a lot stronger as the days have passed. As my stomach tightens I can see her ball up on one side of my stomach. I have tried to rest as much as possible this weekend to prepare for the upcoming week. Mr. H has encourage the daily naps which I am so grateful for.
Symptoms:I feel like this girl is going to drop out of my bottom. She's so low. (Sorry for the graphic) This is the reason I have perfected the waddle. I have been quite uncomfortable. Hard to stand for too long, but sitting is just as bad. I have felt my body slow WAY down! When I am at school I think I have an adrenaline high and something else to focus on, so I am on my game but when I get home... game over. Jammies, couch and rest it is! :)
Belly Button in or out? Still staying in.
Wedding rings on or off? On, so glad about this.
Best moment this week: My last girls day, with my mom and sister and then dinner with my old Accountability Group from High School. And completely unrelated to pregnancy... the leaves are starting to change. Fall has arrived in Texas!
Looking forward to: Meeting Brynn Marie! :) The doctor said if I don't deliver on my own before Wednesday (which is completely possible) that at my last appointment this Wednesday I will probably be dilated enough where they will send me home to get ready and then admit me the following morning, Thursday the 15th. I am estatic! This means we will be holding our sweet girl in 4 days and that our Doctor will be in town to deliver her. Answered prayers.
Happy or Moody most of the time: This past week was pure happiness! After our news at the appointment I left with a huge smile on my face. Working a nine hour day, on my feet, has taken its toll and made these past few weeks quite difficult. I am ready to be on maternity leave and snuggle in my jammies with my family of four. Can't forget about Sweet Kali! I can't wait to have no responsibilities (well atleast with teaching) for a while. Lots of hugs and snuggles.

These last few days are precious to me. I am trying to tie up the last to do's before Brynn that means one last load of baby laundry, giving the house one more tidy up, putting away laundry and then working on some sub notes.
 
 
This sweet man.... I cannot wait for him to be a daddy! Hopefully he doesn't scare our girl with his No Shave November Mustache. I would be lying if I said I haven't threatened a midnight chop job on his upper lip! Anyways, he is going to be the sweetest, most loving, supportive daddy to Brynn! He gives the best bear hugs and I cannot wait to see the bond that he will share with our daughter. Brynn doesn't know how lucky she is.
 
It's the final countdown! :) The next weekly picture will be the last picture as we are headed out the door to the hospital. Wahoooooooo!

No comments:

Post a Comment