Sunday, November 11, 2012

The Ultimate Girls Day

I was reminded yesterday of all the amazing women I have surrounding me. Girlie errands, text messages, phone calls, and lots of sweet hugs were just what this mama needed to calm her nerves about the upcoming week. God has placed so many amazing, Godly women in my life. My heart is overwhelmed by how blessed our family truly is. I am so proud that Brynn will be able to call these women Nana, Auntie, "Aunts," friends...

After our new "due date" my mom and sister said to get ready, Saturday was going to be our last Girls Day B.B! Before Brynn. The day was jam packed with lots of fun to dos.

8:30- Breakfast with Mom, or Nana, at Swirl Bakery!
(Dominated some delicious sugar biscuits)
9:30- Planned meeting with potential Cleaning Lady- no show. My mom is giving us the ultimate pre delivery present... a deep down cleaning of the house with a maid service! Holy cow! This mama squealed with delight from the news.
10:00- Pedicures a la Nana! Splurged with a manicure as well! Pretty in Pink for our Baby Girl.

Mr. H and I were scheduled for our nephews birthday party at noon but my sweet sister in law gave us the go ahead to stay home due to all the little germies crawling on every crevice at Chuck E Cheese. Mr H got to sleep in, much needed to him and it allowed the girls day to commence.

11:30- Lunch with Grandpa A, my dad and a co worker at Baris
12:00- Girly errands gallore! Kohl's, Babies R Us, Target and Jo Ann's... Oh My!

This was at Target. My feet were aching and the contractions were screaming. I was sure this baby was going to drop out of me with each step. Soooo worth it for the loot that we came home with.

 Brynn doesn't know how blessed she is. Between a few leftover giftcards from showers, and the kindness of Nana and Auntie M we came home with enough baby clothes for this mama to do one more load of laundry! Bring on the Dreft... We are stocked with Baby's First Thanksgiving onesies since she will be making a pre turkey day debut.

I decided to go home and rest. Mr H demanded a nap on the couch while our Fighting Texas Aggies laid the SMACK DOWN on Alabama. Whoooop! I obliged.. the couch never felt so good.

The day wasn't over. In High School I was blessed enough to meet some of the best girls who are still some of the closest friends. They invited me to join their Accountability Group with Mrs. Holly, one of the most kind hearted, Godly, women I know. After a last minute Facebook message all 6 of us met up for pizza and good conversation. I love these women!

(Yikes, a whole day on your feet will swell a mama good!)

Like I said, I am so blessed! This was the best (most exhausting) day but it was just what I needed to remind me of the blessing He has bestowed on my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment