Thursday, December 27, 2012

Six Weeks Old


 Brynn Marie you are...

December 27th, 2012
On your way out to shop the sales with Mommy.

I told Brynn that all I wanted for Christmas from her was an INTENTIONAL smile. She was a bit late, but today after her morning feeding we were having some "girl talk" and she looked at me with her baby blues and gave her mama the sweetest smile. So much joy radiating from her eyes. I felt it, I felt it deep in my heart. I love her with every part of my being. I have never felt so much love. 

When tears filled my eyes as I doted on my daughter and what she just did I couldn't help but think that this is the love that our Savior has for us. What an amazing love. At only six weeks old I know there is nothing that could take away my love for this girl, and that's how Jesus feels about us. There is something so heavenly about being a parent. I have never felt so close to God. I feel so blessed to be able to experience this love.

Here's our week in Iphone pictures: (Sorry for some repeats)
Daddy went hunting again the night before Christmas Eve. He met us over at Memaw's house to celebrate with the family. Little girl missed her daddy! She couldn't get enough of his love. Me neither little girl, me neither. 

Christmas Day brought Brynn's first snow day! I am so excited that her first Christmas was so special. A white Christmas?!? This is only the second one in my twenty some years of living in Texas. It was beautiful!

One of the best parts of my day is reading a nightly bible story from Brynn's story bible and saying her prayers. For whatever reason I have been doing this at her feeding in the middle of the night, which is usually 2 or 3 am. Silly I know. Mr H took over the nightly feeding while trying to get back on his midnight schedule. I was spying again on our amazing video monitor and got to hear every word. So sweet to hear his prayer for our girl. 

Do you like Brynn's gift from Santa? She doesn't... haha! She doesn't know what to think about it yet. She has mastered the face plant. Today she did hold her head up for a bit on it during tummy time. She is a strong, strong girl! Kicking her legs and constantly moving her arms.

Another one of Miss Brynn's talents? Somehow when trying to capture each moment the middle finger finds its way into the frame. I sent this one to my mom and she called her out. I've been trying to tell that little digit to be more lady like :) 

Snow still on the ground and freezing temperatures have led to many snuggle sessions and that's okay with this mama. School is quickly approaching and I am cherishing each moment with my girl!

Christmas may be over but we are still rockin' the reindeer hat from Aunt May May. I have decided the last few days of December allows this.We bundled up today, braved the cold and headed out to a few shops for the sales. Don't you love her jacket? A resale find. I think we may need to head out again tomorrow for some bargains. I LOVE shopping with my girl! She does so good. 

No comments:

Post a Comment