Thursday, March 14, 2013

Mommy Daddy Day

(1st things 1st... please ignore my hair. I'm over it! LIKE OVER IT. I cut it. I hate it. The end)

On a lighter note :) My sweet husband took this entire week off of work in hopes that we would go on a trip somewhere. Call me Debbie Downer, but traveling with a 4 month old during flu/ RSV/ and whatever else season did not sound appealing. So opted for lots of quality time as a family and a day for just the two of us.We threw around a lot of ideas, big and small, but decided on a low key day with lots of good conversation.

We started the day out at our favorite breakfast spot, Swirl Bakery. My mom took me there on my last outing BB, before Brynn and we have been hooked ever since. There lunch is to die for as well but we are breakfast people. These blueberry scones are amazing and the sugar on top... HEAVEN. Isn't my husband the cutest?!? Outloud he said, "This is just so nice..." Yes it was.

We wanted to go to the new Perot Museum, but due to Spring Break madness the museum was sold out until 4pm and we couldn't ignore Brynn all day. Instead we went to the Dallas Aquarium. Tom and I actually went there almost 6 years ago when we were dating for an extra credit project I had to do, so it was fun to go back again. They had so many neat animals, not just fish. We saw an anteater, penguins and the cutest little monkey. It is actually the tiniest monkey in the world... in Texas.

Aren't they cute?
The Aquarium was packed. We thought we got there before the crowd but inside we kept getting pushed along. We kept talking about how fun it is going to be to take Brynn to places like the aquarium. This summer is going to be so much fun... no school... daddy waking up early to join our adventures.
If Spring Break is any indication of how great this summer will be, this mama is stoked.
Being a teacher is wonderful. 

After the aquarium we went to Northpark Mall and walked around for a bit. The only thing we bought was, of course, something for our girl. New jammies and this adorable giraffe onesie.

Photo: The no pants dance
We had a great day with one another, but we missed our girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment