Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekending



 This week Tom and I realized how lucky we are to live near family. Last week my cousin went into labor a few weeks early and my mom went up to Oklahoma to be with her when she delivered her son, sweet Cooper. She usually watches Brynn half a day on Thursdays and all day Friday and when she left we were left scrambling for someone to watch our girl. Family to the rescue.... Tom's sister watched her on Thursday morning and my dad, Brynn's Papa, watched her on Friday. We are so grateful to have people who will step in and help us out when we are in a bind.... so thankful! Here she is on Friday headed to Papa's house bright and early.


Friday night the 3 of us headed to dinner with some sweet friends from our church Homegroup. They invited us over for crawfish. Brynn had a ball with their 9 months old daughter. (No pictures.. bad mama).

Brynn has found her voice this past week. And by voice I mean screech.... this is what I woke up to on Saturday. I have been singing to her a lot lately, making up songs for everything. I like to say this is her singing voice. I would rather wake up to this than fussing anyday.


 We spent Saturday morning playing...
 and shopping... I am dreaming sweet, warm, sunny dreams of our girl splashing in the pool this summer. We already have plans to visit my Aunt's lakehouse in Pennsylvania in early June. I can't wait to see her little hiney in these ruffles. 


Saturday night was Lasagna night over at Memaw's and with the rest of the family. Brynn was passed around and was the center of the party. Her Auntie's can't get enough of her.

Here's my little nugget rockin' her new pink skinnies. I adore the pastel colors. I may have bought her a pair in mint green as well. So much fun shopping for her.


Mama had a late night Girls Night and finally got to watch the new Twilight movie.... amazing! 

Sunday morning brought a blowout and an early morning bath. We took advantage of the moment and Brynn had her first "big girl" bath! She graduated from the puj tub and LOVED it! She was kicking and splashing. She had a blast.

Mama had big plans for the day. We were going to hit up a consignment sale in town but I couldn't resist a lazy day full of snuggles. I complain over and over about never having a day with nothing to do. So I ceased the moment and snuggled on the couch with these sweetcheeks. A 2 hour nap for this mama was amazing, but now leaves me wide awake at midnight. I wouldn't trade my lazy Sunday for anything.
One more week until Spring Break... 
This family of 3 has some big plans- some still in the works. Until then one day at a time.
Living for the weekends.

No comments:

Post a Comment