Monday, August 17, 2009

First Day as a Grown Up...

Today is officially my first day of work as a Kindergarten teacher... although I have been working many, many hours in my classroom and going to every workshop I can, my contract states this is the first day! I have been so busy and too nervous for it to hit me- I am a grown up now! I have a real job. It gives me this giddy/ throw up nervous feeling in my stomach!

I cannot wait for next Monday to see those kiddos' faces when they walk in! Hopefully not too many of them will be crying and clinging to their parents' legs.... now all I have to do is get passed one more week of in service meetings, "Meet the Teacher Night" on Friday and the school year will begin!

I have waited my whole life to be a teacher and God has blessed me with a position in a great district, in an amazing school and with the BEST principal! I was up way too early with excitement, but I got to see the sunrise- today will be a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment