Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Welcome to Not Me! Monday! This blog carnival was created by MckMama as a way to share imperfections and short comings in a fun and transparent way! Join in the fun on Mondays at www.mycharmingkids.net and find out what other women have not been doing this week!

I decided yesterday to pass on this fun blog carnival "Not Me Monday!" But I did not wait until Tuesday to complete purposely created to be completed on Monday! Not me!

After sitting in two days worth of inservice meetings full of TAKS information and scores I did not come home and go out to eat sushi with my husband instead of working on my endless list of things to do before school starts on MONDAY! And now I am not watching an hour long episode of Big Brother...Not me!

One thing I promise I did not do is come home yesterday and tell my husband, "Can I please not make dinner for you tonight...?" I definitely did not do this! I always have a week long dinner plan for us and buy groceries way ahead of time.... (:

While breaking the Stepford Wife mold, I also am not so focused on the upcoming school year that I have ignored the dishes in the sink, the pile of clean clothes now wrinkled on the bedroom floor and my poor husband who only wishes for a home cooked meal.

Instead of being so excited for my first year as a teacher I SWEAR I am not scared out of my mind about a room full of Kindergartners and the parents who come a long with them. I will not be spending my last weekend of freedom up at the school because my husband is going out of town. I would like to tell you that my classroom is completely ready for the students to walk in on the first day but I will not lie to you.

Happy "Not Me Monday/ Tuesday!"

No comments:

Post a Comment