Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

On this special day I want to celebrate my mom. My mom is my best friend. She is such a loving, Godly and compassionate woman. I have learned so much from her; how to love passionately, forgiveness and grace, and to believe in what is right. I am so blessed to have a supporting mother who has always been there for me, and continues to be there for my little family. Whether its something small like letting Kali out when Tom and I are working late or something much larger I can always count on her.
I have learned so much about being a loving wife, as she always was and continues to be to my dad. She has so much love to give and the kind of patience I only wish I could have. Seeing the relationship, and marriage my parents have sent me looking for a fairytale. I am so blessed to have both of them as parents.
I have so many cherished moments from growing up and every memory holds a moment with my mom. She was so good to my sister and I. She threw the best birthday parties with amazing homemade cakes. I got my creativity from my mom. Thank for that. Although now my passion and love for thrifting has rubbed off on her! (Your welcome...)
My mom is my best friend. Being older and having a family of my own, I am now realizing and able to appreciate all she did for our family. Although sometimes I may have taken it for granted, nothing she did ever went unnoticed. She is the best anyone could ever ask for. I can only hope, when the baby fever epidemic takes over that I can be the mom she is to me, and that my children think of me the way I think of my mom.... I love you MOM!
You are simply the best! Happy Mother's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment