Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Thankful

Tonight I am thankful...
Yesterday Tom was in a car accident while working the day shift. I got the phone call at school and it started with, "Now everything is okay, I am okay but..." My heart dropped, he didn't want to scare me... too late. He was already at the hospital and about to be sent in for x-rays. Needless to say I was a bit distracted at the parent teacher conference I had. As soon as I could leave and Tom was released, I rushed to the station to pick him up. My heart dropped in my shoes when he walked out limping with a pair of crutches.
I am thankful. The police car was totaled and the front was crushed on impact. It is a miracle he is only suffering from a sprained ankle. No one else was sent to the hospital, the woman and her (unbuckled) children were fine. It could have been much, much worse. I shudder when I think of the could haves...

With a few days rest he will be back on the streets on Monday. But until then I am soaking up all my time with my officer. He switches to the evening shift on Monday 3pm-11pm. Yes, I am thankful. I told him this is the one time I will wait on him hand and foot, so enjoy it :) Yes, I will be squeezing him a little bit tighter tonight...

1 comment:

  1. Praise the Lord everyone was OK...so scary, Kate. Thinking of you guys today and hope you have a relaxing weekend together. Love you!

    ReplyDelete