Tuesday, July 27, 2010

While you were Sleeping...

After four weeks of the midnight shift my sleep schedule is all sorts of messed up. Although I am a natural night owl I was staying up even later when I was alone every night hanging out with Kali and the kitties. Now that I do not have a vampire for a husband anymore he has adjusted back to his normal hours of slumber but I am having a bit more trouble heading into the cave around 9 pm. Three weeks ago 9 PM was when I was kissing him goodbye and my nights started. So needless to say I am wide awake and it is 1 AM. Good grief...

I will usually lay in bed until my sweet begins to snore, then I tip toe into the living room avoiding the creaky spots on the floor. I would be bored but good thing I have one million and one blogs to stalk, new recipes to meal plan with, facebook to creep on, pictures to post, Eat Pray Love to read and now that Big Brother is back on... well the reading has taken a back seat.

I have also been getting REALLY excited about our new rental house. Our lease starts on September 1st but if everything goes smoothly we may be moving in the middle of August. I am crossing my fingers for an early move in so we can be settled by the time the first day of school comes around.

This is her... our first home.
She may be an oldie but she sure is a goodie!

** Don't judge the picture quality. I was the papparazi. I had to do a quick drive by picture.. I couldn't have my new neighbors thinking I was crazy before they meet me. **
Between episodes of Big Brother and resting my eyes from blog stalking, I have created a list:
"The Top Reasons I Am Excited to Move Out of an Apartment and into a House"
1. Neighbors.... No more big foot upstairs walking around in high heels or crazy children bouncing basketballs all hours of the day. No more crazy neighbors yelling at me for not having our dog on the leash or carrying a Poop bag 24/7.
2. After my love/hate relationship with the XBox I will not be sad to see that white little box banished to the man cave. Goodbye little nine year olds cursing at my husband during a quick game of Halo.
3. Speaking of the Man Cave... I am excited that my husband will finally have a place to display his shrine of memorabilia from Texas A&M. The duck painting hanging above our love seat may migrate its way into the man room as well :)
4. We will have our own trashcan!!! It's the little things friends. In our huge apartment complex we have to walk like 5 miles to throw our trash in the dumpster. Two dumpsters... in our whole complex. Not okay! Now I may be exaggerating but I am excited to be able to walk out the front door to that big blue trashcan.
5. We will have a HUGE backyard!!! With a tire swing! Yeah... did I forget to mention the tire swing. Forget the fact that I wanna puke even thinking about going for a spin on said swing, but we have one... in our backyard! With a built in stone grill and a fountain. I have big plans for this yard. BBQs (with shish kabobs, Ive had a weird obsession with them lately), flowers and lots of get-togethers with friends.
6. A backyard is exciting enough to have 2 reasons. Kali will have a yard to run and play in. Although pooper scooping comes with this amenity, I am so excited to just open the door to let her out instead of 5 plus walks a day. Does this make me lazy? Kali is quite excited!
7. Redecorating! (Insert holy angels singing...) Hallelujah! My late night blog stalking has sparked some inspiration. I cannot wait to move all of our things from a small 2 bedroom to a 3 bedroom with two living areas. I am excited to decorate our first real home, just the way I want. (I'm already looking up the local thrift stores in our new town... shhhhh).

To be continued... Big Brother just came back on! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment