Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ramblings of 2011

Can you believe it is really 2011? A mere twenty years ago I moved to the Lonestar State and started Kindergarten. It was the year of my little boy haircut, that my still swears I begged for. Sure mom! It baffles me that in 1991 I was as old as my Kinder babies. That was 20 years ago. Now I just feel old!

Christmas break went way too fast. I was on a mission to be productive here at the Love Nest. A garage sale was in the plans after going through every closet and box of clutter. Underestimating the amount of work I had to do the 2 weeks off went by fast. And after the hard work all I wanted to do was to get the stuff out of the house. So on New Years Eve Goodwill got a mighty donation from the family. I am happy to say that everything finally has a place in our little home.

I attacked my craft room/scrapbooking room/white room/pet room with a vengence. After sanding and repainting our old kitchen table with 5 coats of paint the white room is complete. Now that every room in the house is finally done (only 4 months later) I just may finally share some pictures of the Love Nest.

Speaking of pictures... Mama got a new camera for Christmas :) After a tragic accident in the Starbucks drive thru my point and shoot camera was submerged in a cup of water. Needless to say the camera was not waterproof and I thought my life was over. My husband generously agreed to spend our Christmas money on the gift that will keep on giving. I am praying that all of my knowledge of aperature and shutter speed from high school freshman year photo journalism will seep back into my brain while I'm sleeping. So far no good.


Hello little blackberry...

One of my unofficial New Year's resolutions is to blog more. Trying to get in the swing of things hence the randomness of this post With a fancy camera to share all of our happenings there are no more excuses. I didn't want to share this resolution due to my lack of postings and follow through... oh well :)

I forsee big things for our family in 2011! It's all about 2011... BIG BIG plans and many goals.

Our gym is hosting a 60 paleo challenge starting next Monday. We started this Monday for a fresh start for our work weeks. Tonight a late night trip to the grocery store for cat food and Drano tested my Day 2 of the challenge. I don't crave sweets, I am more of a salty, chips and salsa kinda girl. But my body must be detoxing from the holiday goodies because every drive thru serving ice cream was chanting my name. And at the store all holiday candy was 50% off. Luckilly Extra's Dessert gum was buy one get one free at the register so we got a little treat after our turkey taco wraps. Thanks Biggest Loser for the tip.

I'm off to shoo Mr. H to the man room so I can watch the new season of Biggest Loser while chomping on my Mint Chocolate Chip gum NOT icecream! Happy 2011!

No comments:

Post a Comment