Thursday, January 6, 2011

This was the first week back at school after a relaxing Christmas break. The alarm clock rang way too early at 5:20 each morning. Along with cooking some new Paleo recipes I started drinking my coffee black to prepare for the 60 day challenge. And black coffee was just that... a challenge. Luckily my sweet friend and Crossfit coach informed me of coconut milk creamer which sounds like the best thing yet! :) You know 5:30 is too early when the puppy stays in bed while you get up to shower and is still in bed when you get out. The early mornings have made sweet Kali a bit delirious.

Check out this video of her chasing Mr. H's laser light before heading to his midnight shift... we may be easily entertained in this house.


This Monday starts our 60 Day Challenge. Our gym, Grapevine Crossfit, is hosting the challenge to eat Paleo for 60 days. I have written about Paleo a bit in the past but along with Crossfit it has been wonderful and me and Mr. H have seen a lot of changes. So we are both anxious and excited for the challenge to begin. If it was up to the man of the house we would be eating chicken and broccoli everynight, maybe through in cucumbers one night to change it up. But to keep this lady interested that is not going to fly. I have been scanning Paleo blogs for new recipes and we have been trying some new ones this week. Here is one of them... Paleo Orange Chicken! Nothing like Pioneer Woman's goodies but so much better.

Get in my belly!

I am thinking about documenting our 60 days in a new tab on the blog but so far I haven't been able to figure out how to create the tabs. I am turning to my blog expert, my southern belle: Mrs. Sprinkles and Wrinkles. So stay tuned.

One of my resolutions for the New Year and goals for the Paleo Challenge are to spend Sunday afternoons meal planning for the week and heading to the grocery store to get ready for the week. I just finished repainting an old Goodwill frame with blue acrylic paint and chalkboard paint to use for a meal planner for the week. I love late night craft projects while the husband is working.



Let me warn you my Saturday nights have gotten wild as I've grown older... tonight my night was spent crafting, doing laundry, and finally putting away Christmas decorations. That's right folks... Christmas lasted two weeks longer in this house on the account that this lady loves the holidays and the truth: I have been dreading it. It has been the last thing I want to do after coming home from playing with 17 Kinder babies and working out. But I finally did it. The kitties had to find a new spot on the chair when I took down the Christmas tree. For the past month they have been keeping warm under the Christmas tree lights.


I didn't start undecorating until 10 o'clock and again Kali was ready for bed.


I would like to take this time to introduce you to our family Christmas tree. We call her Tripod because as you can see she only has 3 legs. Let me explain how Tripod found her way into our lives. Last year while scanning the after Christmas sales I went to Goodwill searching for some killer deals and there she was. A 6 1/2 foot PRELIT beauty. What?!? That meant no more stringing on lights, lights and more lights for hours. I was in... I plugged her in to make sure she was working. We were in business. Even better she was only $20! Music to my ears. Some may call me cheap, I call it frugal.

This is what I discovered when I got her home. I felt a little silly, no wonder she was only $20. I felt cheated but I was determined to make this work. Here she is in all her tripod glory.


I am happy to say that with the help of a clear tack and some clear fishing line Tripod stood proud and tall for the whole holiday season. And no one noticed, well or no one wanted to point out the fact there was fishing line shooting out from the branches. She was so strong! I am happy to report that Tripod will make another appearance next year for Christmas. The best $20 I have ever spent.
Well it's way past my bedtime and Kali has been keeping the bed warm for me so I am headed to bed. Goodnight blog world!

No comments:

Post a Comment