Sunday, September 6, 2009

Long time, no post...

Well so far history has repeated itself... I have failed to update our blog for a few weeks. A lot has been going on in the Hruskocy home. First Tom has been hired on with the Arlington Police Department!!! We could not be more excited! After a grueling application process we found out he will be starting the police academy on October 19th. It was a long time waiting for an answer but we both could not be more excited! Until then he will be working at a golf course near our apartment where he will be able to golf for free. Not a bad way to pass the time. I cannot wait to see my husband in uniform.

We celebrated Tom and my cousin, Chip's, 25th birthday last weekend with some friends in Fort Worth at Sundance Square. The next day we went over to the Hruskocy home to celebrate with the whole family. It is a tradition with the Hruskocy family to get a cookie cake for all birthdays. This year Tom's cake had a police car on it! It was so nice to spend the weekend with the people who mean the most to us... it makes us appreciate living so close to friends and family.

That same weekend I had to move classrooms to a different school. After four days with my Kindergarten class and surviving a Meet the Teacher Night and Parent Orientation I found out that due to low enrollment and me being the low man on the totem pole I was required to move. Luckily I was able to stay in a Kindergarten classroom and not move to a different grade level. The school is actually A LOT closer to our apartment and I truly love the school! It really was a blessing in disguise. I was very happy at my first school and working for my fourth grade teacher but this feels like a better fit for me. Now, I have made it through week 2 of being a Kindergarten teacher and my new kindergartners and I have adjusted to the change and had an amazing first week together! Although this year is going to take a lot of hard work I am so excited to see what the year will bring.

Each day I fall more and more in love with my husband. Although we had to struggle through some hardships we are now in an amazing place together. Only with God's grace have we made it to where we are. I am so excited to see what this year has in store for us and we are both starting our carers and growing together as a newly married couple.

No comments:

Post a Comment