Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Hump Day...

Oh hump day, hump day with your ups and downs... why are you so cruel?!? It was just one of those days. Last night was a long night. Only 3 parents showed up to meet me before the PTA meeting which was a bit disappointing, and after a long PTA I decided for one night I was going to bring nothing home with me. I was so excited... only to be disappointed the next morning.

After my alarm clock failed to go off, my internal "morning/teacher" clock went off leaving me no time to shower... OH yeah, I was the stinky kid today. Bad start to the morning. Then I realized, while deciding to leave everything at school, this included my make up bag. So with a naked, "au naturale" face I made it school with little time to spare.

I am trying my darndest to stay away from the flu, but it is lurking around every corner at school. Kindergartners are not the best at keeping their germs to themselves. Doesn't everyone love a sweet, snotty hug? I used to love the rainy weather, but not when it means 3 days straight of indoor recess. Headache all day. And on the craziest day of the year thus far I was observed by a district employee who walked around scribbling down secretive notes for 10 long minutes.. Oh I love you hump day, Wednesday.

After a long school day I stopped by Target/ Starbucks for an afternoon pick me up to cure the rainy day blues... Mocha in hand I walked out the store and paused to brave the rain. Here is the scenario that MADE MY DAY:

Me, Target employee waiting to load furniture for an elderly woman

Old, silver, (some kind of) car.. pulls up to the curb with a screech. Woman gets out leaving

young daughter in the car and keys in the ignition, engine running.

Woman storms into Target.

Me: "Geeeeeez!"

Target Employee: "Well I guess it is Park Wherever You Want Day"....

Okay, maybe it was one of those "you had to be there" moments or maybe I was just having the Hump Day Blues but that comment made my day! I love how the smallest thing/ look / comment can turn your day around! And a grande white mocha helps too! :)

See you next week Hump Day! Be nice next time!

P.S. To feed the teenage girl hormones still looming inside- me and my two loves will be going to see the... one and only... Ms. Britney Spears in concert!!!!!!!!! Oh don't lie you know you can still sing every single word to Hit Me Baby One More Time. Well I will be screaming those words with every other teeny bopper this Friday! Cannot wait! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment