Monday, September 14, 2009

Oh Mondays you always come too soon... especially after a night of tossing and turning until 3 o'clock in the morning. A sleepless night makes for a very long day in a classroom of 17 Kindergartners. In a room full of 5 and 6 year olds I am learning a lot about patience. Today when my irritability was high and the lack of sleep was setting in I found myself with a moment of quiet time during my planning period... Doubt set in. Am I the right person for this job? ... I am not patient enough... Am I doing a good job?...

All I can do is trust. I need to trust in my ability and what I was trained to do. Confidence is something I have always lacked and as a first year teacher in a world full of vetrans, self doubt is always just around the corner.

It's hard to believe I have been teaching for almost four full weeks. Only now I feel like I am finally getting organized and can finally breathe. (Not breathing in too hard- flu is everywhere!) Now if only I can survive a meet and greet with my new parents!

I just keep telling myself it only gets easier from here on. A true blessing!

No comments:

Post a Comment