Friday, September 25, 2009

I've got the Fever!

Yes, I have finally caught the fever. Not the good kind either... Thursday morning I woke up with a sore throat and it progressively got worse throughout the school day. After school I was on the way to my first year teacher meeting in tears because I felt so crummy. Because teachers have some of the biggest hearts, they let me leave so I could make it to Rapid Med for an appointment.

What a crock, Rapid Med.... not so rapid. My sister was kind enough to sit with me. Funny story, when we were waiting for the "Rapid" doctor to come in after a quick swab of my throat another nurse swooped in and proceeded to tell me, "The doctor wants to go ahead and do a chest Xray." A little drastic after the nurse's diagnosis with a throat swab, and the doctor had not seen me yet. Megan and I thought it was hysterical... another one of those had to be there moments. Turns out they switched alot of the charts and our not so rapid doctor's visit turned into 2 1/2 hour adventure.

With a fever and a swollen throat I concluded that Friday I would take my first sick day. While waiting for my prescriptions I went back up to the school to work on substitute plans for the next day. Now I know why it was so hard to get a sub job last school year, no one wants to write plans for substitutes... they take FOREVER!

I headed home to relax, finish my plans and snuggle in to watch Grey's. Suffering through preparing the plans was worth it this morning when I woke up worse than yesterday. The husband was so sweet! He headed into the kitchen to make me some scrambled eggs... CRASH! All of the eggs broke on the floor. Not letting that discourage him, he headed to Einstein's bagel with Chip and brought me back a bagel sandwich and a smoothie with extra vitamins.



Love HIM, love HIM! The hydrocodone kept me dozing off all day, and between the naps it was the first time I became thankful for the extra $20/ month we pay for HBO. I love movies! And I watched the last episode of the Office.... love Michael Scott!


I am so thankful for my day of rest! I am starting to feel better, but I wish I was feeling well enough to be at The House of Blues with the hubster and Chip. Instead I am snuggling with Kali and debating between Sex and the City on HBO or a Lifetime movie. Decisions, decisions...


No comments:

Post a Comment