Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's been WAY too long...

Praise the Lord... moving is over. I won't bore you with our hectic moving plan during the second week of school. Instead a picture to sum up our lives in the past few weeks.
We are back and in turbo speed... Along with an upgrade from a 2 bedroom house to a 3 bedroom house we have upgraded our cable internet package which includes Turbo Internet. I don't really know what difference that makes in my internet browsing, as long as I can stalk facebook furiously and read all of my blogs I am a happy girl. But as for my man friend, his dream has come true as turbo means extra fast video games on Xbox Live. Two more bonuses came along with this upgrade included FREE DVR...be still my heart. Now I won't have to beg my husband to watch my trashy TV shows. And our upgrade also included a landline with free calls to Canada. Mrs Hameister Reis, I will speaking with you soon.

We are loving our new house! There is so much room we have been able to spread out everything and we are not tripping over each other or Kali. Kali loves having the backyard to run around in and the patio for sunning. She will sit out there all by herself.

You can see a bit of our patio. That is the little fountain/pond and the awesome tire swing in the background. And yes, you know we have swung on it more than once or twice. The tree is really tall so with the boy pushing me I got pretty high. Brought me back to my childhood... along with the dizzy nauseous feeling afterwards as well.

I have found that a new home brings A LOT of new friends. Most have been bad in our case. We supposedly have a nosey neighbor across the street so we have been making a conscious effort to keep the blinds closed. It's not those new friends I'm worried about its the new friends with more than two legs and are creepy and crawly. Yes on moving day we met our first house guests. A swarm of angry hornet hanging out on our front porch to welcome us to the neighborhood. Since then we have sprayed three more nests. They are definitely overstaying their welcome and given me a nervous twitch whenever I see something flying by.


My man friend will be spraying our house on his day off tomorrow to protect us from the ants and few baby roaches that seem to be lurking in our love nest. The one crawling guest that I don't mind hanging around is a cute little gecko on our kitchen window.

He hangs out near our light to catch all the bugs. He has been there every night, so I don't think he's going anywhere. So I think we shall name him Lenny. Lenny the lizard. And as long as he stays on the outside of the window he can stay.

Yes our little nest definitely needs some work. I have named this project "Lots of Love." But I have lots of love to give our new house. Lots of love to give but not so much time. Between the first few weeks of school, crossfit and my hubby's crazy schedule we are still working on unpacking the last few boxes. It's coming together slowly but surely but I do love it. The few improvements that we have made is only making it more of a home to us. So the hours of repainting the cabinets, baseboards, doors and bead board have all been worth it. I love having a place to call our home. Hopefully in the next week I will have some more pictures to share of our little love nest. But if you have waited this long for a new blog post :) I'll keep you in suspense a little longer. Until then I have some laundry to do, some boxes to unpack and scrubbing to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment