Tuesday, September 28, 2010

A little bit crazy's alright

I might be crazy.... no not because of the bleach cleaning fumes floating in my head from a late night cleaning session.... I just registered for my first 5K run THIS SATURDAY! This Saturday... A little late notice I know. Now when I thought of how my first 5K run would progress there is a lot of mental preparation and a lot of running training. Maybe a little couch to 5K program on the ipod. But that would be easy.

Actually I have been unknowingly preparing with crossfit ing since June, but there has been little running due to the high temperatures. But I'm jumping in! I am really excited about it actually and ready to see how much crossfit has changed and is changing my life. If you know me at all I am NOT a runner, so me signing up on my own... without bribery, without crying or without dragging my feet is huge. Well, I take that back. The 5K run is through the Delaney Wine Vineyards in Grapevine with a free wine tasting at the end of the race. So maybe there is a little bribery...

So I am spending these next few days putting together the ultimate playlist for the run. Searching for "come on Katie don't stop, don't let the walkers pass you" songs. You know there will be some from the queen, Britney Spears. She just knows how to make you wanna dance and in this case run. And maybe a little Justin Beiber. I've got the fever... the Beiber Fever!

Yes I think I might be a little crazy... wish me luck!

1 comment: