Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Hookie with the Hubs

Shhhh... the little devil on my shoulder got the best of me this time. I stayed home from work today to spend some much needed time with my sweet husband. It seems like we haven't been seeing much of each other lately so it took very little to convince me to use one of my days to stay home on my officer's day off. The day could not have gone better.

It actually started last night. After Crossfit we went and ate dinner at Rockfish and then to see a movie. We may or may not have squeezed in a piece of Carmel de Leche cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory, which may or may not have been Heaven on Earth, literally. It had been a long time since I got to snuggle next to my love in a movie theater. We went to go see Morning Glory which I highly recommend. It had me crying because I was laughing so hard! This morning while the hubs slept in I seized the beautiful day heading to Sprouts to stock the fridge and the Dollar Tree for a few Christmas purchases for the upcoming Christmasing of the house. Fall is in full swing here in Texas! Finally... I love that I can drink steaming hot Blueberry Coffee without sweating through my clothes. The windows were down, Taylor Swift's new CD was on and I knew I had made the right choice to take a day to just be...

Loving the Fall Colors
We had big plans for our day together because we are going.......


CAMPING!!!!!! That's right after almost 6 years of begging we are actually going! (I am not above pleading from the knees for come roasted weenies!) The Saturday after Thanksgiving we will be two fishin', shootin', camp firin', smore makin' campers. I am so excited! We will finally be able to use the tent we got for a wedding present that has made friends with the cobwebs and bugsthatwillnotbenamed in the laundry room.
I think he's excited too

That's right folks.. we had big plans. We were on a hunt for sleeping bags. Now my northern friends will laugh but it has been quite cold at night here in the Lonestar State and our sweatshirt blankets just are not going to cut it. But I was not prepared for the wide selection of sleeping bags Academy had to offer. During my last sleeping bag purchase the biggest decision I had to make was; Sleeping Beauty or Little Mermaid. I never had to think about longitude or latitude of a sleeping bag, or the brand, or if I wanted cocoon or regular. Say what? Good thing my sweet was a Boy Scout. My one year of Brownie training did not prepare me for this decision... although I can open a door with my thumb taped to the palm of my hand. Can you?!?
After visiting with the family we were eager to get home and try out our Slumberjacks!
Love my little mummy!
I don't know how we will be getting out in the middle of the night if we have to pee with our hand zipped in... Just sayin'! A girl's gotta think of these things.
I realized we didn't take a picture together the entire day.
Excuse the one crying eye. This is after my weekly cry during Biggest Loser...
every time it gets me.
It was the perfect day! I am so glad I got to spend the whole day playing hookie with my best friend. I am so blessed to be married to my best friend... who struggled to stand inside his mummy sack so I could "take a picture!" Oh the things we do to the ones we love...

Love y'all! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment