Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Snowmageddon 2011

Texas is known for its crazy weather but 2011 has brought two snow storms to the south. The weather man was calling it "Snowmageddon." Hearing this channeled the middle school boy crazy girl in me, and all I wanted to do was watch Armageddon with my box of tissues in hand. Tear jerker... right? This movie made me fall for Ben Affleck. Hello there.... The crazy weather started and I was startled by sleet hitting my window at 3 am. The next morning I woke up to find a winter wonderland and there was no way I was making it out of our culd-e-sac ice rink. We did not have school for 4 days due to the ice. This was plenty of time to play with Kali is the snow. She really didn't know what to think.
Since I moved to Texas as a wee Kindergartner the most we ever missed from school was 2 days and we thought that was lucky. I felt like a kid again anxiously watching the news for the school cancelations each morning. I may have shrieked a little bit when Lewisville ISD rolled across the screen. But only because I got to snuggle a little longer and work and be productive around our Love Nest.
I finally organized the craft/scrapbooking/whiteroom. Leaving me with a little sanctuary to escape to when the husband goes to work. With all of my time off I did break out some scrapbooking supplies to make a few home made Valentines gifts.

We went back to school the next Monday and Tuesday but Wednesday brought another ice storm. By the afternoon the snow had melted and the roads were clear but the extra day at home was wonderful. I think all the snow and ice are behind us now. For the past 3 days the temperatures are up in the mid 70s. Like I said... Crazy Texas Weather! That doesn't mean we aren't enjoying the sunshine.

No comments:

Post a Comment