Sunday, October 7, 2012

32 Weeks

How far along? 32 Weeks
Maternity clothes? Maternity...LOVING the cooler weather! This weekend the high was 52 degrees. It was legitimately cold! It was beautiful... especially for this human heater.
Stretch marks? Nope. Hopefully none in the last few weeks.
Sleep: I have been sleeping really well considering how far we are into the 3rd trimester. I have heard horror stories about woman with chronic insomnia at this point, so I am considering myself very, very lucky. No sleep for a kindergarten teacher does not work out so well with a class of 24.
Miss Anything?  An appetite. Nothing sounds appealing. The shower food this weekend was delicious... maybe I'll just be snacking on finger foods until she comes. We learned at birthing class this weekend that smaller, more frequent meals work better because the stomach is so smooshed.
Movement: There is a lot of twisting and turning going on in there. There's not too much wiggle room for any big kicks. Luckilly there have been no swift kicks to the organs. I'm still waiting on the roundhouse kicks at the end.
Food cravings: Still lots of water! And still loving the La Crouix soda water. We tried the lemon and lime flavor and it's like Sprite without the syruppy sweetner. We LOVE it! I am still on a soup kick. My mom brought over some taco soup this Saturday and then after our birthing class the cold weather called for grilled cheese and turkey sandwiches with tomato soup.
Anything making you queasy or sick: Sitting for too long. She is so high up in my rib that sitting straight up put a lot of pressure on my stomach making me a little queasy. The cooler weather is bringing lots of yucky germs to my kinder babies. There are boogers galore... not good for this pregnant mama's gag reflex. 
Gender:  All girl :)
Labor Signs: Nope.
Symptoms: Braxton Hicks Contractions continue. We learned a lot about these in our birthing class. Just the body warming up and teaching the body how to get ready. The human body is amazing. Not only growing a little baby but preparing and then laboring through the birthing process. Nothing but amazing! No other symptoms though.
At my bimonthly appointment I asked the doctor about my rib pain and she said little girl was up in my ribs and pushing out. My right rib is actually displaced because of the pressure. She said I was measuring 34 weeks when I am 32. Silly me I asked, "Does that mean she is coming early?" No, no silly first timer... it means she is big. Thanks Mr. H!
Belly Button in or out? In- I asked my doctor when and if she thought my belly button would pop out she said I have a pretty deep button and it may just pop even with the belly and not stick out.
Wedding rings on or off? On, so glad about this.

Happy or Moody most of the time: Happy and a little anxious. I am praying big prayers for this anxiety. It is everything; are we really ready? school, my long term sub, my students, me, Tom and on and on it goes. I am trying to rest in God's peace and plan for our girl. 
There is so much to think about in the last few weeks. We are trying to get everything in place. With Mr H and I on opposite schedules we are doing what we can together with the time we can.
Looking forward to: This Saturday my mom, sister and inlaws are throwing us a shower. It will be one for the books. They have let me in on a few of the secrets, including the food, and all I need to say is BRUNCH! Oh holy pancakes on a stick, it will be good. I can't wait to see all of the family friends from both sides. It will be so fun.
Best moment this week: We had a busy, busy weekend. We celebrated Baby Brynn with our friends from Grapevine Crossfit with our first baby shower. It was so fun to think that we will be using all the sweet gifts on our baby girl in just 8 short weeks. We were so blessed with all of the gifts. 
The next day we bundled up and headed to our crash course on childbirth. Usually it is a 12 hour course split into 4 sessions on a weeknight. Mr H's schedule just does not agree with these "normal" scheduled events so our option was one 10 hr course jam packed with graphic videos galore and lots and lots of information. We got a lunch break where we had already scoped out the Bakers Bros. nearby. I have already decided this will be my post delivery meal.
We were already so ovewhelmed with all the information.
We are so happy with our choice to deliver at our hospital. This course only confirmed this. The instructor, the services available and the gorgeous facilities put our nerves at ease. We feel grateful to have this type of hospital so nearby. November 1st I will be attending the breast feeding class. I told Mr. H he could skip out on this one...

No comments:

Post a Comment