Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Before Brynn

As of my last appointment the doctor said there was a chance that I may only carry sweet Brynn until 39 weeks. Which means at 35 weeks we only have 4 more weeks, if that, as a family of 2. Things are in full swing at our house. Some may call it panic mode... Before our last shower this past weekend my mom came over and helped me organize the nursery including the closet, the dresser and all of the other fun things. That was such a relief. After the decorating, the fun stuff, I was at a stand still and a bit overwhelmed. No matter how many baby organization ideas I pinned on Pinterest, I would still stare at everything and wonder where to start. I just needed a mother's touch, or maybe just her company to light a fire under this hiney.

Since then the nesting has begun. And is in full swing.  Hence the to do list titled, Before Brynn. I have had the urge and desire to nest, but just needed a little motivation. Nothing like the news of less than 4 weeks left to start this fire.  The couch is my nemesis after a long school day. So we are tackling the list one item at a time. The husband informed me that he has the weekend off. He may be a bit busier than he thought. First items on the agenda, installing the car seat and packing the hospital bags. Yes friend, this is getting real. We could not be more excited!

I have this idea in my head that everything has to be perfect before she comes. Well she's going to come when she comes whether the bathroom cabinets are organized or not. I am praying for peace when it comes to this. I would rather spend these last few weeks loving on my sweet husband.

One thing that was not on the list was coming home again to a trash can ripped to shreds. Yes my thoughts flashed back to last time when we rushed Kali to the emergency vet at 2 am. Instead of a repeat, I remembered what 2 friends had told me about using hydrogen peroxide to induce vomiting.  So a quick trip to Tom Thumb, one bottle of hydrogen peroxide and one google search later we have one puppy with empty stomach.


Well if you need to do it the trick works. And as hard as it was to watch I'm so glad we did it. There must have been a bag of chocolate chips on Kali's level, so who knows what could have happened. 

I truly believe our God has a sense of humor. This wasn't too funny to me but I was definitely reminded after this peroxide filled night that our plans are not the same as His. I am trying to remember this when I am stressing about clean tubs and cabinets. She's going to come when she comes. 

Happy Wednesday y'all!!! No I haven't forgotten Week 34 we are waiting to share and see our Maternity Pictures. And coming up on Week 35 the chalkboard returns. Mama got some more chalkboard paint. 

No comments:

Post a Comment