Monday, October 15, 2012

October 15th


Today, October 15th is National Pregnancy and Infant Loss Day. I woke up this morning with a tugging on my heart and a need to be near to the Lord. I had no idea about the day until a friend sent me something on Facebook. No doubt, that tugging was no coincidence. The Lord our God knows exactly what the heart needs and He knew that I would need some extra love today.

On my way to work I was greeted by a beautiful sunrise containing the promise of a new tomorrow. He will draw near to us, the broken hearted. And although my heart is full of anxiousness to meet my sweet daughter there is, and always will be a longing to hold our first born again. Baby H is forever in our hearts. He came and left way too soon. Some days the only thing that I find comfort in, is knowing that one day will be reunited with him in Heaven. And what a glorious day that will be.

Yes, I am member of a club that I would wish the membership on no one. Its a special bond between woman, where they just know. They know the heart ache, the tear filled nights and sometimes days. I am proud to stand with many brave woman and share in their healing. I am grateful for God's mercy and His knowing that I would need other woman to suffer alongside. Hopeful Hearts, a grief group has been exactly what I needed and led me to a Homegroup where 3 other woman went through similar situations. God is sovereign.

So today I stand, holding hands with other grieving mothers and we long for our babies. But one day there will be no more tears and we will see those faces again. I am thankful for that promise. Yes, God is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment