Wednesday, May 15, 2013

6 Months Old


I feel like every month is passing faster and faster! I cannot believe that 1/2 a year has passed since the day we were blessed with Brynn Marie. And it blows my mind that in the same amount of time we will be celebrating our girl's FIRST birthday! What the what?!? Let the party planning begin :) Just kidding... not really.

Like I say every month, this past month has been my favorite. Brynn has changed so much and is being way more interactive. This lady plays hard. She has definitely fallen into a routine. Eat, play for 1- 1 1/2 hours, nap, repeat. Tom would beg to differ. He claims she never naps for him on his days. Hmmmm :) I would claim she is such a happy baby. She is always smiling. She loves to be talked to and is so interested in anything we are doing. Whatever we are holding, she reaches for. Especially my phone. Probably because it is always in her face taking pictures. Guilty.

Brynn hasn't said any words yet but she is starting to mumble and I am hearing the "mmm" sound. I believe her first word will be mama. I think I say it a thousand times a day, and constantly call her little mama. She still loves blowing bubbles and if she's not blowing bubbles she screeching. Little lady is loud! No teeth yet, but they have to be coming soon. I swear we go through 3 outfits a day thanks to the constant drooling.

Other milestones this month... big girl is sitting up all by herself! It is so crazy to think about the little roly poly she was in the beginning when we see her sitting alone. Sometimes she gets a little excited and leans forward too far and if we're not careful goes down in a nose dive. But she's getting better at this trick everyday.

When we're playing she is drawn to anything that makes noise; music, crinkly toys or rattles. My sweet inlaws gave her a music toy that is similar to a piano. She lights up, smiling from ear to ear when she changes the tune with the push of a button. She is still in love with Sophie but any toy she is holding goes directly into the mouth. Like I said, 1st tooth any day now.

I have made it to the 6 month mark with strict breastmilk. My goal is to make it until the end of the school year so I can continue through the summer. I am so close. I believe I have enough milk stored in the freezer to make it. I feel proud that I can do this for our girl. I am so excited to put my pump on the shelf. We are still feeding her rice cereal or oatmeal in the morning and night, unless we are out. She is quite partial to the oatmeal, more so than the cereal. I am anxious for Brynn's 6th month appointment tomorrow to hear if we can start actual purees. I am planning on making our own baby food and am in the market for a bigger food processor.

We have graduated from naps in the swing to naps in the crib. Our girl is LONG and the swing is a little snug for her now. She likes to stretch out like her mama when she sleeps. Most of the time she is on her back but a few times we have found her on her side. We put the bumpers back on the crib after she was waking up from naps after bumping her head on the rails. We still have some anxiety about this but we believe our borderline crawler will be okay if she were to roll into the bumper.

Yes I said borderline crawler! My mom told me on my 6th month birthday I started crawling and Miss B is not far off. She prefers to be on her stomach now unless we are chatting with her on her back. She is figuring out how to put more weight on her knees and tonight I watched her push herself backwards in a sort of backward crawl. She'll figure it out soon. I don't know if I'm ready for that... Let the baby proofing begin.


I am anxious to see what this girls stats are tomorrow. Tom is taking her because I am still in school. I can't wait until this summer and I will be able to take her. Just another reason to get excited for summer. I have been a bit behind on the weekly photos. Here is a photo dump.

Miss Thing,
You are my world! I love that you recognize my face and my voice. It is the sweetest thing when you reach for your daddy's and my face and rest your little hand. It is so much fun to see you go through each stage and see how much you have changed. I feel myself going back to those first few weeks to remember so I won't forget. I don't want to forget these first months. I cherish every day with you. Each minute is precious! I cannot wait until this summer so I can spend more time with you baby girl. I can't wait to see what this next month will bring.
 Love Mama.

No comments:

Post a Comment