Sunday, May 26, 2013

Baby's Firsts

Baby Girl is not so baby anymore. It seems like each day brings a new "first" bigger than the day before. At her 6th Month appointment we got the go ahead to try puree veggies and fruits. I decided when I was pregnant with Brynn that I would make my own baby food. And I am determined to stick to it. It will take some pre planning but I am thankful Summer Break is around the corner that will provide lots of extra time.

Brynn's First Puree: Avacados
 Baby's Reaction: She loved it!!! She didn't know what to think at first. She was used to the banana oatmeal we had been giving her. But after the first few bites she was grabbing the bowl for more. Since then we have tried bananas too and those are her favorite out of the two.

Mama's Reaction: I love that she is getting more nutrients. Avacados are one of my favorites too! They are a proven source for baby's brain development and physical development as well. They're easy to prepare too. Cut, scoop and pop in the food processor. I wish they would keep in the refrigerator. Oh well, half for Brynn... half for mama!


Brynn's First Ride in the Shopping Cart

Brynn's Reaction: The picture says it all..."Say what?!!?" She LOVED it! I am finding it is much more enjoyable for her to be in the baby bjorn or now the shopping cart when we are out running errands and she is awake. Now that Brynn can sit up she does not want to be laying on her back in the carrier when we are out. When she is she is straining her neck and doing "baby crunches" trying to sit up. So I decided, why fight it? This week we went to Michael's for a few goodies and I decided to give it a go. She was much happier showing off her new found core strength and looking around at all the crafts.


Mama's Reaction: I loved looking at her smile and screech. She was so happy, and in turn so was I. This impromptu decision left me unprepared. I didn't have my shopping cart cover but we made do with our chevron quilt and diaper cloth. I can't wait to see how much easier the grocery store will be. 

Brynn (and Mama's) First Garage Sale
We have lived in our house for 2 years this summer and were in major need of decluttering after baby. Our sweet house does not have a lot of storage and Brynn's things seem to have taken over the house. (Not really, but it does seem like it sometimes) Tom and I are sentimental people and have a hard time getting rid of things therefore every item is attached to a memory. Even if that memory was finding a steal at Goodwill :) Needless to say there were items we hadn't touched since moving in and shoving it somewhere. While tearing through the house I found some "gems" that definitely made the garage sale stack. So Saturday was the day. My mom came over Friday night and we tagged away. Then she arrived early Saturday morning for the big sale. 

Brynn's Reaction: She didn't know what to think. Luckilly the excersaucer kept her entertained. The fresh air made her sleepy and she took two naps. Which was fine by me. Keeping a busy 6 month old entertained while trying to cut deals proved to be a two man job. I am so thankful for my mom's help.

Mama'a Reaction: I love shopping garage sales! But when you have you're own you better grow some thick skin. All I could think about was these are my things and you're trying to bargain me down to $1, $2.... which is way less than I would buy it for. Like I said, I am a sentimental person so maybe I should just stick to the garage sale shopping. But for 3 1/2 hours in the driveway, good conversation with my mom and decent weather.... this Mama got a new vaccuum cleaner!!! I would like to say I spend the money on something more fun... I guess I am grown up now. But man is she a beauty! Retractable cord and all :) 

Little girl is growing fast! She learns something new everyday. And with all the good "firsts" we are experiencing, she woke up with her first cough this morning... Luckilly no fever and she's acting like herself, but it still earned a call to the pediatrician to make sure I didn't need to take her in. Nervous first time mama.... Guilty! Better safe than sorry. 

So we are staying low key today and celebrating many things: no school tomorrow (Happy Memorial Day!),  lots of new firsts, and most of all.... 7 1/2 more days left of school. Hello sweet Summer! 

Hope y'all have a great weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment