Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Mother's Day 2013

This morning I have a moment to breathe and I am grinning from ear to ear thinking about celebrating my first Mother's Day with Brynn. Last year I celebrated quietly in my heart and with a yearning to hold Baby H. Every time someone commented about it being my first Mother's Day there was a tiny sting with each word. Last year was hard but this year was full of smiles from Miss B and although a part of me still aches for the day to hold my son again I can celebrate that he is somewhere so much better than this earth.

Of course, Mr. H had to work Saturday night but that didn't stop him from spoiling me with breakfast in bed. He walked in the bedroom, still in full uniform, with a plate of french toast, bacon, eggs and hashbrowns. My Oh My, it was a beautiful sight. He wished me a Happy Mother's Day and it was followed by, "I was going to cook you breakfast myself, but at 6am IHOP just does it better!" True... very true. Brynn woke up at the perfect time. My sweet husband went to get her and walked in with our precious daughter and my sweet gifts. The hormones are still flowing, so instantly I teared up feeling so blessed in that moment. This is what God created me for. To be a wife to this man and the mother to this little girl. I love that she smiles when she sees me. My Mother's Day was complete in that breath at 6:30 in the morning.


After opening up my presents, eating my feast and enjoying a few moments as a family of 3 my husband went to sleep and Brynn and I spent the morning as a mother- daughter team. To celebrate Mother's Day with my mom, Brynn's Nana, we went to church at the Village. Brynn is getting a little big and doesn't sleep through anything anymore so I decided to put her in the nursery for the first time. I was a bit nervous, but our church family blew me away. I am so glad to have a church home that loves my girl well, praying for her during the service. There was even a little sticker on her diaper that said, "Little Village prayed for me today!" And the security measures taken to ensure safety... amazing. She did perfect, a little fussy when I picked her up, but perfect for her first time.

After the service my family, the Farrell four + Brynn, went to Corner Bakery for brunch. Brynn sat in a high chair for the first time and I got to use the precious shopping cart cover for her. She's such a big girl now. A small part of me was said watching her sit up so big, but the other 90% if me was so proud as she  held herself up so strong.


This picture captures my mom's love for my little girl so well. Even after watching her 2 1/2 days during the week for us my mom can barely stay away. I am so thankful for my mom and for so many reasons. She instilled so many values in me; patience, compassion and most of all faith. She is such a godly woman with a heart for the Lord and she loves my dad so well. I am thankful for the family she  led and I hope that I can lead my family in the same way. My mom truly is my best friend and I pray each night that when Brynn is grown that she will love me the way I love my mom. 


We spent the rest of the day with Tom's family and then a relaxing night at home. I almost forgot to take a picture with little missy but remembered right before bed time. So thankful that the Lord shared this little lady with me and made me her mother. On the days I feel inadequate I am thankful for the one who leads us both. 

Brynn, 
You made me a mama! I can't help but smile when I think about your sweet face and personality. Somedays I feel like I'm walking blindly in motherhood, and although I make mistakes (daily) I promise you I will always love you.... unconditionally! I can't wait to see the lady you turn into. I pray I can lead you, teach you to love the Lord and stand up for the good. I love you so much my girl. 
Mommy
Happy Mother's Day.... to all the moms.


No comments:

Post a Comment