Monday, January 18, 2010

Day One

After a morning of a Intervention and Hoarders marathon I was able to peel off my pajamas long enough for a shopping trip. And now... our refrigerator is full and happy.
Dinner was a success! I was looking for Paleo recipes until the wee hours of last night and found an amazing blog with great ideas... www.sonofgrok.com. Tonight I made almond chicken seasoned with thyme and basil. I used my food processor for the first time since the wedding, literally there was still plastic on it! I used it to make almond flour. You drench the chicken in one beaten egg and then into the almond flour. I baked mine in a frying pan with a bit of olive oil. It was amazing! Tom and I both loved it. I was a bit nervous about this at first but I am now anxious and excited to try the other recipes I found.

My mood about this beautiful creature is quite the opposite though...

I am definitely nervous about the new relationship between me and this crazy pepper. As a child I had the "it looks too weird, so it must be yucky" syndrome. My new meatloaf and stirfry recipe I am trying this week called for our reintroduction. I am hopeful and keeping an open mind but retraining my tastebuds may be a different story. Ay ye ye-take it easy on me pepper!

1 comment:

  1. Peppers are SOOOO good! Have no fear; you are going to love it =)

    ReplyDelete