Sunday, January 31, 2010

Rapid Med round 3!

Tom has been battling a sore throat since Thursday night. POOR HUBBY! His usually remedy for any ailment is popping Ibuprofen pills, and needless to say this did not work... After his first police ride along Friday night in the 20 degree weather he woke up Saturday morning and we both knew it was time for him to go to the doctor.

We still haven't found a doctor to go to so we decided to head to Rapid Med. Well I have mixed feelings about Rapid Med as you may have read before. Tom was a Rapid Med virgin so I was nervous to what he may think. Luckily when we walked in no one else was in the waiting room and we were called back in about 5 minutes. Quite the opposite as my first experience.

A quick examination and throat swab later we found out my sweet husband had strep throat. This school year I have been no stranger to all things throat infection so I had a lot of sympathy for him. The doctor came in and checked him over talking about the meds he would be given and then mentioned that he could give Tom 2 steroid shots that would decrease the symptoms in a few hours. When he said the word shot Tom's whole demeanor changed.

Now Tom is one of the strongest people I know. He is not scared of most things that scare people. This is one of the many reasons I love him. I always feel safe with him. But Tom is deathly afraid of needles! 3 years ago Tom had to get blood work done when we were in College Station, meaning lots of needles. I couldn't go with him and he was mad at me for at least a week. Actually... he will still bring this story up! So 2 steroid shots = needles so I knew this would be interesting.

The nurse walked in with two needles... Tom used the words HARPOONS! Ha ha! He was so jumpy. I secretly wish I had a video camera so the next time he calls me a baby when we are wrestling I could break out this footage. I won't go into too many embarrassing details but after two HARPOONS in the hips Tom stood up and looked a little pale and glazed over! The nurse told him to lay down and she would bring him some water.

So vulnerable he was... I just could not resist!

I am going to be in so much trouble for this post. After the picture was taken he said, "Please don't upload these to facebook!" He didn't say the blog! After I finish a blog I am usually running to Tom for him to read it but I think I'll keep this one on the down low! After those two steroid HARPOONS and two rounds of antibiotics Tom is back to normal and I would definitely lose that match! Until he stumbles upon the post I will giggle when I think of Tom and Rapid Med.

1 comment:

  1. HAHAHAHHA OMG! I'm assuming his shot was below the belt according to the unbuckled pants!

    ReplyDelete