Sunday, January 17, 2010

Sianara!

I am not one for New Year's resolutions... only because our apartment is still a mess and Tom and I's resolution was to be cleaner people. FAIL! So I am deciding not to believe in them. So I am not calling this news a resolution. Tom recently joined a Crossfit gym in Grapevine and they started a Paleo challenge. The Paleo diet is sometimes called the "caveman diet" so if you can't grow it, catch it or kill it you can't eat it. Its one of the oldest diet plans because it is how our earliest ancestors ate. We decided to start this endeaver together but with different goals in mind. Tom has been training hard for the Police Academy and wedding season is approaching and I am a bridesmaid in two weddings for two of my closest friends.

I've spent a few hours tonight looking up some recipes online and found some I am excited to try. And then some I am a bit nervous about.... all of them, I'm sure, will lead to some interesting blog updates. So this will be me and my husband starting tomorrow. (Sweet unibrow Tom! :)


This change also means I am saying goodbye to my two new best friends, Pioneer Woman and Bakerella. I have loved trying new recipes for Tom and it has become a new hobby. So I am putting Pioneer Woman in the powder room closet (yes, this is where my cookbooks are... don't judge) and tweaking my new hobby just a bit.....ok a BIG bit. But I am excited for the challenge.


So tonight I wanted to remember the past few months with a tribute...
P Dub you had me from Chicken Parmagina and cooking with wine. This was my first recipe from my new BFF. Good bye pasta noodles hello squash spaghetti....
Look at those sweet succulent mushrooms... Hello Lovies!! Where had you been all my life?
Pioneer Womans's Beef Stew with Mushrooms

Oh LORDY!!!!! Then there were the Cinnamon Rolls, I had never seen so much butter in my life.

Bakerella, Bakerella: you are a genius! Snickerdoodle cookie cupcakes?!? I think you read my husband's mind. He was one happy man.

That was torture! It may not be easy but those bridesmaid dresses are staring me in the face. I am excited to try some of the new recipes... so stay tune!! Now, please excuse me while I crawl in bed. I am sure those sweet little cupcakes will be dancing through my dreams all night. Wedding season here we come..... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment