Friday, February 19, 2010

Pick a Number....

Today we made up our Kindergarten Valentine's Party that was rescheduled due to our "blizzard." Their love is so pure... I received so many sweet and innocent I love yous today. This is why I love my job. Point of my story, I did not tell you about our first Valentines together.

Sorry in advance for the mushy love stuff. I would rather tell you about the funny things in our crazy life but.... I had the best Valentine! Our first Valentine's Day as newlyweds could not have been better. I was surprised on Saturday with a beautiful bouquet and a SWEET Starbucks tumbler. We Hruskocys... we love our coffee. Sunday morning I was awaken by coffee in bed... see what I was saying? It takes a lot of java to wake up a teacher on the weekend. He gave me some Bath and Body Works loot and a beautiful necklace. Too much, but very appreciated!
I was planning on cooking a Paleo friendly meal for our dinner date, due to Tom's test the following day. With a change of plans we were handed a reservation to Texas de Brazil, a Brazilian steakhouse in Dallas. We decided we deserved it, and we were off. It was amazing! I love any time I can get ALONE with my handsome hubby. It was so nice to reflect on the past (almost) year. We are in a completely different place than we were those first few months, with God's grace. We can look back and see that He truly did have a plan for us. And what a testimony... I am so blessed and loved to have Tom in my life.

I do love my Valentine!!!
My last gift from Tom was a surprise... he came home on Monday from the academy and said...
"Pick a number between 1-200."
"40!"
"No...."
My thoughts... okay here comes another blonde hater joke to make me feel silly.
Because last time I checked 40 was between 1 and 200.
I gave him the benefit of the doubt and kept my cool....
"Higher..."
"Okay, 140." Here it came the blonde hair hatin' punchline.
He said, "I want you to take $140 on Friday and take yourself shopping. You deserve it."
So now I felt bad. He was being sweet and there I was waiting for an insult. I was so excited, I had to pick my jaw up off the floor and thank him. We have been trying to save money for when we can move away from the dump neighboring apartment and the wardrobe has been suffering a bit. All week I was waiting for Friday to come for my spree. I decided that Tom was either tired of hearing about the underwire of my bra poking me in the side (told you... suffering!) or he is just the best husband in the world. I will vote for the later.

After school today I hit up a few of my favorite bargain stores with the sister... TJ Maxx, Belk, Target, ROSS.

I made a few purchases but my favorite is the brand new bronze shower caddy currently residing in our shower. You know you are married when a shower caddy makes your day...

No comments:

Post a Comment