Monday, February 15, 2010

Snow Cream, Camo and a Valentines Creation

BEWARE: This is a mish mosh post of some of the happenings from our 5 day weekend:

This is the look I received from the husband as I was laying in our warm bed for my first of two snow days while he was getting ready for work. Poor baby had to learn how to drive police automobiles in the cold, hence the camo coveralls. I may or may not have been gloating...

Our sweet Kali did not know what to think of all the white stuff, and to be perfectly honest I didn't either. We have never seen so much snow in Texas since I moved here in kindergarten. Kali did not know what to think of all of the snowmen. When we ventured out we found so many and she barked at every single one. This one we named Jalapeno Hal... he had a smorgasbord of food for his facial features. Jalapenos for eyes, a carrot nose and a hot dog for the mouth... they obviously raided the fridge. Very resourceful!

A second after the first picture Kali walked around and snatched off Jalapeno Hal's mouth! I first looked around to see if anyone was watching... laughed... snapped a pic... then spanked her bottom! Yes, I'm going to be a great mother. I did return the half eaten hot dog to his face.

With all this snow I had to make some Snow Cream. Who knows when we will get this chance again. Totally not Paleo, but totally not caring I avoided all yellow snow and scooped up some fresh WHITE snow. The process was quite hard for me, I had a fight with the sugar. But it was delicious. I felt like a little kid... I had to put it in this snowman mug from my mom.
Kali liked it too!

After catching up on a few shows and snuggling with the pup and kitties I headed out with my mom and sister for a lunch and movie date. So much for a stay at home in your PJs snowday... no I made use of my day off.












I made a Valentines wreath out of cupcake liners for my mom this Valentine's Day. I have been wanting to try ever since I saw the idea on a craft blog. It was a lot easier than I thought, but a little time consuming... good thing I had two snow days! Everything together cost maybe $10 and I found a lot of things at the Dollar Store for this creation. It cured my crafting fix until spring break... speaking of spring; where are you?

No comments:

Post a Comment