Thursday, June 24, 2010

Late Night Lemon Tarts

We are on night three of mids. My nights alone have left me plenty of time to catch up on my silly, guilty pleasure reality TV shows without the constant huffing from my hubby. Between the 3 Part Finale of New York Housewives (GEEZ) I am surprised I have had time for anything else.
Although I have had lots of time to think about this... (melt my heart)
I said that when I took the picture. Seriously.
This sweet girl may or may not have started crying soon after.

I have spent countless hours blog stalking for ideas for an upcoming Bridal Shower and Luncheon I am throwing for a sweet friend...the soon to be Mrs. Correa. Here was the inspiration. Invitations are going out this weekend and the theme will be announced. Any guesses? Tomorrow is payday at Hallmark so I will be on the hunt for some crazy colored shoes for her wedding and gathering supplies for the shower while my sweet sleeps the day away.

I am still adjusting to the schedule. This morning my officer walked in the door when I was walking out for a Kindergarten training. It's just weird. Now on the other hand... Kali has adjusted just fine. She's been getting in a lot of extra snuggling time. When we got married, she got demoted to the floor. But Mama's been letting her sleep on the bed with her to fill the empty side (she told me I was her favorite.) Little did I know that Daddy has been letting her sleep on the bed too when they've been napping during the day together.... Traitor. She is such a priss.
I have to tell you a funny story about our couch pillows that I remembered after taking this picture. Our big purchase with our wedding money was our living room furniture. We splurged and still have no regrets. We were so excited when we were able to move it in. An oversized couch and many pretty pillows... Here was the conversation.
Me: Eeeee... (or some kind of excited sound)
Man Friend: "We are will not be laying on these pillows."
Me: "Why not? They're so soft. Why do you say that?"
Man Friend: "Well my mom didn't let us lay on them growing up..."
This conversation made me laugh... well now look who has the privilege of using the couch pillows.

Before Tom left I made a late night Lemon and Blueberry Tart for dessert. Paleo approved! The recipe called for raspberries, which went bad. A berry is a berry. Potato- pototo. It was still delicious.That reminds me... have you ever seen a naked lemon? I had to use my cheese grater to get 2 tsp of lemon rind. A lemon doesn't look the same without its peel. (Note to self: need to get a lemon zester instead of using giant cheese grater- not the same.) Tomorrow is my last day of Crossfit fundamentals. Starting Monday I am able to go to the real (no joke) classes. My stomach is in knots, but I am ready. I love it.
Sorry about the constant changes. I have been messing with the layout and changed the name by request of my officer. No more for a while... maybe. I have 3 and a half more weeks of lonely nights.

No comments:

Post a Comment