Tuesday, June 22, 2010

This is what I found when I walked into our bedroom after working at Hallmark today. Now to an outsider we may look like crazy fanatics who are so excited for the new Twilight movie, Eclipse that we decided to board up the windows avoiding all sunlight acting like vampires. Well they would have the last part correct. We are trying to avoid all sunlight and make our bedroom a dark cave and I am super stoked about the new Twilight movie, but that is not the reason for the ghetto tin foil.

Tonight is Tom's first night on the midnight shift. His shift started at 11pm and ends at 7am. What the Geeeeeeeeez? That means no sleep for my officer tonight. He will be rolling back to Club Crescent Cove around 8am and sleeping during the day. Our bedroom may as well be on the face of the sun in the morning it is a bright, hot mess. In order to block out the sunlight and prepare himself a place of slumber during the day my officer taped up foam poster board and lined it with tin foil. It may not look too pretty but it is a dark cave in here.

It may take some getting used to falling asleep alone for the next four weeks. (I like saying four weeks instead of a month... it sounds shorter to me.) Kali is laying at the foot of the bed and the cats are here by the pillows and somehow our queen sized bed seems like a California King. I am missing the hubs tonight. Night one... a little lonely. So friends, you may get a few more blog posts than normal. But if you don't hear from me in a few days, please call, I may not be able to tell the difference between day and night with these sunlight reflecting, tin foil and ghetto windows.

1 comment:

  1. There are nights when my husband has a night flight and isn't home. I always hate falling asleep those nights too. Good luck - hope it gets easier for you as the days go on! :)

    ReplyDelete