Thursday, June 10, 2010

Lately...

Long time... no blog. My apologies. Where have we been?
  • We have been celebrating summer! SWEET SUMMER! Today was the last day of school, my last first day! so the past few weeks have been filled with end of the year activities. Field day, splash day and Kindergarten graduation. I wish I could share a few pictures with you. The end of the year is so bittersweet for me, I am going to miss those Kinder babies so much. I did get a bit emotional talking about them moving on to first grade and how they were nervous. I know I will never forget my first class...
  • I have been adjusting to my new norm. My officer has been on the evening shift for the past few weeks so my nights have been filled with girly, reality TV shows and talking to the dog. Me and Kali... we've gotten close. There have been a few heart to heart conversations over the past month. I'm not going to lie. Sometimes it's lonely but I am finding new ways to keep busy. None of those ways include laundry or cleaning the apartment.
  • We have been loving the new car! It is our baby. I took it on the first roadtrip last weekend to Oklahoma.
  • For "The Blueberry's" first road trip we drove to Oklahoma to celebrate my girlfriend, Wendy's bachelorette party. It was so much fun to hang out for the weekend. We spent all day Saturday by the pool. I have the sunburn to prove it. My ghostly white skin could not handle the sunshine and the 15 spf failed to block the rays. I blame the high altitude rather than my bad judgement to use a low spf. The burn is in the itch like crazy stage. If the itch isn't enough the peeling screams stupidity. I put on my big girl panties, some heels and dress and headed out for the night. Going out with the girls was so much fun. I cannot wait for the wedding this July.
  • A week ago I started a crossfit fundamentals class. It has been one of the most challenging things I have done in a LONG time. But I am finding a strength I haven't seen in a long time. I am excited about working and getting stronger this summer and creating a new routine. I am loving it, but my muscles may tell you another story.

After last Memorial Day and our big news, Tom and I took a weekend to get away to talk about things and have time to our selves... remember we were living upstairs at his mom's house. Now "Away" wasn't too far away. We went to Dallas to stay at a hotel and have some time to ourselves. We were so happy, despite the crummy circumstances.

One year later we are about to go on another "Getaway" together... this time a little bit further away. My man friend and I are headed north to Pennsylvania and New York this weekend. My cousin is graduating from high school so we are going to help celebrate. Then my amazing aunt MB is treating us to a Yankees game! We are so excited to get away even if it will be a whirlwind weekend. Time alone, traveling with my best friend. It's a great way to start the summer off.

So I promise.... keep reading. I am hoping that now that summer is upon us and my life is a bit less hectic I will find more time to blog. Hopefully... maybe... I will try :)

1 comment:

  1. woohoo! Congrats on finishing out your first year! Hope you have a blast this weekend- sounds like a lot of fun!!! Miss you, lady =)

    ReplyDelete