Sunday, February 10, 2013

Feeling the Love

 One thing I LOOOOOOOOOVE about our home is our mantle. I also love the challenge of finding things around the house to decorate it for each holiday... well maybe with a few purchases here and there. Here is our mantel Feeling the Love for February.  

I had bought the berry twigs last season at Kirklands and already had the urn. A Goodwill find a few years ago. I made the LOVE sign last year with letters from Hobby Lobby, paint and some hot glue.





 Ugh this garland... I thought it was going to be the death of me. Last year I sat down with some magazines, some paper, doilies, cucpcake liners, scrapbook flowers and this tutorial from TaterTots and Jello. I gave 3 hours of my time to this decor. It was totally worth it in the end... but I definitely didn't think so at the time. But I love that I can use it again and again.





I adore this free printable I found on Pinterest. It found a home in a frame I had from the wedding + some white spray paint. I made this pom ball (another doozie) using another tutorial via The Idea Room Blog on Pinterest. Those crepe paper flowers left some hot glue burns on the digits. Streamers are thin.... Tom gave me a Nothing Bundt Cake wrapped on this cute stand and now it has another purpose. 





This birdie is my favorite thing about the mantel. (Uhm.... please excuse me while I go dust the mantel GROSS.) I bought this bird from Kirlands. Love that place! After seeing this card on Pinterest I decided to recreate my own. I love how it turned out. I may also LOVE green olives.

The Hruskocys are definitely feeling the love this year... We adore our newest Valentine who is already 12 weeks old and will be turning 3 Months the day after Valentine's Day! 




No comments:

Post a Comment