Monday, April 19, 2010

A Few New House Guests

The preparations have begun. The floors are mopped, the clean laundry put away, new sheets on the beds, vacuumed, and bathrooms clean. It is sad to admit but it has been a long while since Club Crescent Cove has been this clean. Why? Tom and I will be entertaining a new house guest this Thursday. Feast your eyes on these beauties...

Yes, these are mine! (And my loves.) We made our first grown up purchase this past Saturday. We cried, and laughed when we paid in full for these front loading beasts. And then we cried some more when we walked out of Best Buy with nothing to show for our investment. But soon enough... they will enter my life on Thursday. Like I said the preparations have begun. Why the cleaning? I feel like I am meeting the queen. I must make my measly apartment clean and worthy enough to make a home for my new house guests.
I am hoping that my new toys will never allow the laundry to look like this...

EVER AGAIN! ( I know Kali, I know...)

So after a few loads of laundry to get us to Thursday at my moms I am dreaming about a washer that does not create man made rivers or a dryer that requires 2 hour long cycles. The only agreement... Tom told me I had to stop thrifting for a while. I think my two new best friends will consume enough of my time considering the two mounds of laundry in the master after three weeks without a washer. Here's to Thursday and new friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment