Thursday, April 1, 2010

Hello Sweet April

I cannot believe April is here already... and Easter?!? Already? I wanted to share the perfect Easter wreath I picked up from the local Goodwill this week between parent teacher conferences. If there were thrifting gods... this would be my first encounter. I walked through those sliding glass doors and there it was staring at me, the first thing I saw. The price? $1.99!!!!! Hello Lover!

A few eggs were missing, but with a few tugs and hot glue makeover I am in love. I have wanted one for years but could not bring myself to pay full, even half sale price. Like I said gods of thrifting.

If there are thrifting gods, I am going to Thrifting Heaven tomorrow. My mom, sister and I are planning a trip to Canton, Texas. The mecca of all flea markets, thrifting and everything you can imagine. The camera is charging and I plan on documenting all the pretties and tacky things I see. Acres of antiques... I am pumped!

I just closed the windows due to howling winds and heard that storms are brewing... I am not happy! I am praying for sunshine or tomorrow will be one messy day and I will not be a happy thrifter.

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to see the results of your trip!! I'm jealous. One of the drawbacks to Hawaii is a lack of variety and lots of sweet vintage things!

    ReplyDelete