Thursday, April 8, 2010

Spring Jubilee

List of randomness. Here is what has been going on lately.
1. Wednesday was my 24th birthday.... 24 really?!? That sounds so old, I know its not. It just sounds so weird. Tom gave me my presents early on Sunday night. Half because he was working the late shift on my birthday and half (mostly) because our Easter night was HORRID and he wanted to stop the tears. And they were flowing.

A belated Anniversary/Birthday present. Traditional paper, love it.


He gave me a charm bracelet. I LOVE it. It is so personal. 4 charms with a special meaning. An engagement ring, my birthstone, a camera charm and 2009 the year we got married. It is so thoughtful. I have always thought charm bracelets were a little chachi but not this one. Maybe because it is special to me and maybe because its Brighton... nothing is chachi about Brighton.

(Yes thats my knee... keep scrolling...)

My inlaws were good to me! They gave me some cash to save up for a new camera. I have started a stash and started looking for a camera. Soon I will be taking pictures, Pioneer Woman quality. 24 is good so far. Look at these cute cupcakes one of my student's parent sent in to celebrate...

2. Kali is doing much better. My kindergartners were very concerned about her when I came back to school on Tuesday. She is back to her normal self torturing the kitties and loving her mama more than her dad :)

3. Speaking of my kinder babies... next Friday is our field trip to the Fort Worth Zoo. Enough said. Lord have MERCY on me! Will you pray for me?

4. The Hruskocy House Hunt has begun. We are tired of the down winds from the dump, the lack of parking, and the swarm of birds that looks like a scene from an Alfred Hitchcock movie. And our lease is up in July. We have started looking and we are excited. We are praying that something will come up for rent pretty easily. We are ready to get out of apartments and into a house even if its a rental. YAY!

5. The official countdown to Tom's graduation has begun. In 14 days my husband will be a Texas Police officer. His training is winding down now that he passed his certification exam. April 22nd I will get to pin him on the same day he gets his gun and his badge. I am so proud of my husband!

6. This weather is crazy! 80's and sunny and then last night the windows were left open and I woke up shivering, it was in the low 40s. Texas weather. Everyone in our little family is fighting horrible allergies. Tom has crazy sneezing attacks, I sometimes have to laugh after the 30th sneeze. Allergies and all, I am not complaining. In one month, from February to March, our electric bill was cut IN HALF! I am not sad to wave good bye to this past winter.

7. I found a summer job. I am a key holder at a Hallmark. It like one of the assistant to the assistant manager. My mom called me Dwight Schrutte. I am excited about it! Tom told me that will be my thrifting money :) I never knew there was so much to learn about cards. I love it, its so much better than my days retailing it at Old Navy.

8. I made a baby present from my best friend. She is about to pop and I couldn't be more excited for her. She is going to be the best mom to her little newbie. I can't wait to show you. It's on the way to her so I will show you soon.

9. After 3 nights of Tom working the late shift we got to spend some quality time together tonight. Kali and I surprised Tom with a picnic. Toms sister gave us a real picnic basket with an embroidered blanket for a wedding shower and we used it for the second time tonight. Grabbed some Subway sandwiches and we were on our way. Yeah, we are real fancy... It was such a beautiful day outside. We went to the "Duck Pound" in Flower Mound. Tom had fun using his duck call to taunt the ducks. He was "that guy" and was convinced they were talking back to him. Kali was so happy to be outside of the apartment! We fought the pollen and the sneezing and enjoyed our evening in the sunshine with our Subway.

10. So Tom and I always wonder, who reads our blog? We do it for us and to remember when are to old to do so and for family to keep in touch. Leave us some love in the comments and let us know.

11. Happy Friday in 30 minutes! We hope you are enjoying the Spring as much as we are! :)

3 comments:

  1. I totally read your blog and check it compulsively each day, even though I know teaching kinder babies and caring for dogs with epic explosive tendencies is sure to keep you from posting 24/7. =) Looove you and so happy to hear things are going well! House hunting! So exciting!!! And a happy belated birthday! =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know I read it!!! =) Love you Katie! P.S. I need to pick your brain for some decorating ideas for McKennah's room. My lack of creativity needs some serious help!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i'm sure you know but i read it and check everyday!!! its funny i only read three blogs and the other two bloggers are here as well! yay for no more apartment thats awesome.

    ReplyDelete