Monday, April 5, 2010

Get in my House!

Good Friday was just that... my mom my sister and I woke up early to go to Canton Trade Days in a small town outside of Tyler. The entire two hour car ride my fingers were crossed praying the rain would hold off. I had been looking forward toward this trip for weeks. After some McDonalds iced coffee we were pumped and ready to go...

See, told ya... pumped!

These are our excited faces driving into the park.

Seesters excited!
Canton has anything you can ever imagine... something for everyone. We were after the flea market steals. Digging and walking through every row of booths. Megan was along for ride and was a good sport (for the most part :) Lots and lots of pretties.

Food, there was plenty of it. Look at those turkey legs. I refrained... and opted for a taco salad and shared some fried pickles. The rest of the food was total state fair style.
Fried snickers bars... dangerous. Luckily there was no fried butter. Way to go Texas, way to go.

One of the items on my wish list was a birdcage to go in my white room or guest bedroom. Megan pointed to this birdcage for me... too literal. My mom found this beauty for $25! Its huge! Huge enough for me to say no thank you, I think she may have fought me for it.
We braved the humidity and rain. We walked through the pavilions searching for a hat to cover up my mad poof. Here's the first option... Rhinestone Cowgirl. (Don't mind the frizz)

Much better! :) Hi sister! Babies on the brain! There obviously is no cure for baby fever... How cute is this Vern?

Inside the pavilions people were vicious. When I took a picture of this artwork, I was scolded. I may have ran like one of my kindergartners in trouble. (How beautiful is this piece? I wish my handwriting looked like that)

You white furniture.... GET IN MY HOUSE!!!!!!!! Excuse the arm I took this picture on the run. I was scared!

After running from the camera nazis we decided to head home to beat the weather. My mom made out like a bandit.. I had self control. It was hard, so hard. I will see you again Canton.

Here's is the back seat of the truck. Like I said the rain was coming! And this is the point where my sassy sister showed up. If looks could kill.... at least she got shotgun. Me and my short legs were in the back with the treasures!



I love my pretties. He is my new bedside set up in the guest bedroom. Courtesy of Canton.
Nightstand... $10!! I love how there are 3 colors coming through. Not on the list, an added bonus!
Old weathered shutters... $5!! This was on my list to find for the day.
Glass vase... $1.99 thanks CCA! It matches the bedding perfectly.
Dried bridesmaid bouquet from the Hameister-Ries wedding.
Just need to find a new lamp shade, maybe a new lamp.
PURE LOVE!

I wanted to show you my thrifting transformation.
Remember this beauty?
I took out the glass and backing and hung this hard holder thingie that I found at Goodwill for 99cents and VIOLA!! I love it. I need to sand and distress the frame a bit. Did I tell you I love it?

I got this nightstand for $14.99! It is really sturdy. I cant decide if I am going to stain it darker for the living room or go light for the "white room!" Here it is for now.

Tom's reaction to all of this... "My little thrifter..." I did premise the post walk through of the apartment with. "So I didn't come back with a dog but...." He loves me :)

1 comment:

  1. LOVE! We are so related. :) One of the main reasons I'm getting a bigger car when I come back stateside is for my thrifting hobby that will exponentially expand! Then I'll have even more fun posts to share! Especially love the table and shutters! <3

    ReplyDelete