Thursday, January 3, 2013

7 Weeks Old

Brynn Marie you are...

I love this picture. I'd like to think she's just warming up her voice for the Aggie Bowl Game tomorrow. Doesn't it look like she's cheering? She's so wide eyed this week. I can tell she is taking way more in this week. She is still taking a nap between most feedings but not as long as in the beginning. We are playing alot more and I feel as long as she is sleeping well during the night, I don't mind all the napping. We've got a growing girl for heaven's sake.

Speaking of sleep, she is a great sleeper. Earlier this week Brynn went down for the night around 9 finally, slept until midnight, ate, and then went back down and slept from midnight until 7 am. WHAT?!? It was glorious. I woke up feeling completely rested and so did she. We had a great day full of my 2nd intentional smile. She has my heart I'll tell ya.

Although the weather has been pretty cold we have been sneaking out of the house a bit. Brynn loves the car and is such a good little traveler. We have been to family's houses and a few stores. She doesn't even wake up when Mama is trying to juggle the carrier and click it into the stroller.... I think I've perfected it now :)

I'm headed back to school next week. I have a lot of mixed feelings and am definitely going to miss all of the lovie time. So this next week we will be doing a lot of snuggles and moby wrapping.

 
1. I can not tell you how much I love the Moby Wrap. Yes I do! I have been getting a little down about heading back to work and all I want to do is snuggle my little lady. With this wrap I can hold her tight but still keep up with the house work. I have tried 2 holds so far; the newborn which is in the picture and the previous post and today I tried the kangaroo hold (i think that is what it is called). Our girl is such a good napper I was even able to vaccuum and she did not wake up. 

2. Brynn had her first New Year's Date with us. (More to come) This party animal struck a pose in her sassy pants before heading out. She looks exactly like I did when I was a baby in this picture. Mini me :)

3. We've been working hard to play with her everyday, she's still not a huge fan of the activity mat yet. Hence the pacifier in the mouth while playing. She has also been quite fussy in the evenings but an article I read said from weeks 4-6 babies are taking so much in during the day their nervous system is shot at the end of the day from overstimulation, cue the crying... Good to know there is a reason. 

4. Look at our big girl! Wide eyed after feedings she can hold her head up for quite a long time. Before her nap in the Moby she was able to stabilize her head on her own using her hands to hold her up against my chest! Proud mama right here. She's one strong girl... we may be biased :)

5. December is over but the cold weather is not. We traded in our Rudolph hat for a monkey from our precious neighbors. It's still a little big but she sure does look adorable.

6. Daddy found a new way to baby carry. She fell asleep inside his camo body suit when her daddy was trying it out for his last hunting trip of the season this Saturday. (That means Mom and Daughter Sleepover :) This picture comes close to showing the love Mr H has for his girl. I love how he's looking at her. 

7. This may be my favorite picture yet... this was taken after yesterdays blowout. Yes it was bad enough for a mid day bath. Brynn was hanging out, naked as a blue jay, in her bouncer before the bath. She really does like bath time, even though her look says something COMPLETELY different. I could kiss those lips forever!

She is changing so much each day! I love seeing her little personality grow. I will leave you with a little video we took this morning during play time. You can hear her squeak at the middle... little girl is finding her voice. It's so sweet!


No comments:

Post a Comment