Monday, January 21, 2013

One Week Down

 I made it through my first week back at school. And it honestly it wasn't as bad as I though it would be. Now I would be lying if I said there were no tears when I pulled away from the driveway knowing I was leaving my girl in her bed. It was probably a good thing she wasn't awake when I left. 

My mind is at ease when I am at work because we have the best "daycare" set up for Brynn Marie when Mama is at work. My mom, Nana, watches Brynn on Monday, half a day Thursday and on Fridays and on Tuesdays and Wednesdays Brynn gets to hang out with her Daddy! This is the only good thing about Tom working the midnight shift... 

I think it is so special that Brynn gets to spend such quality time with her daddy. The bond that they are going to have is already so strong and is going to be so special. Not many daddies get to spend that quality time with their children. Tom surprises me each day with the help he gives me. He is eager to help when I am overwhelmed and hormonal. God was making the perfect match for me when he created Tom, because he is just what I need in every single moment; even if I disagree.

So as I dread going back to school after a long, three day weekend snuggle fest, I am glad that if it is not me Brynn's daddy gets to squeeze her cheeks tomorrow.


It is true when they say you fall in love all over again with your spouse when you have a child... because I have never loved this man more than I do today.

Hallelujah for Three Day Weekends! 



No comments:

Post a Comment