Sunday, January 6, 2013

These Are a Few of Brynn's Favorite Things

I saw this idea on one of my favorite blogger's site to document baby's favorite things each month. I have this blog mainly for myself to remember important things and I think it will be neat to see how baby products have changed the next time we have a baby.... whenever that may be. Years down the road according to Tom.

I know Brynn is past one month mark, but I still want to document some of her our favorite things.

Brynn's Month One Favorites

One Month Favorites


1. Nap Nanny: I know, I know. There is a recall on this. I can't tell you how many texts and facebook messages I got when they issued the recall on these bad boys after I posted pictures of Brynn napping in the nanny. I don't care what the recall says, this was a life saver the first month. For whatever reason Brynn would not sleep flat during the night. We put her nap nanny in the cradle and she slept like a baby. Yes, I know the warning tag says don't let your baby sleep in there, like I said before it saved us from sleepless nights and a tired baby. 

2. Johnson's Bedtime Baby Lotion: The Johnson's commercial told me that "a baby's skin dries out 2 as fast as mine" so I am quick to lather sweet girl up with this lotion. It smells heavenly! Not like the traditional baby powder scent which I adore as well. It is supposed to be calming and help baby sleep better... eh the jury's still out on that one, but we do love it! Just make sure to warm it up before slapping it on the babe :

3. Britax B-SAFE Infant Car Seat: I went back and forth on which carseat to choose, but I am so happy we ended on this one. It works so well with the stroller combo, it just clicks in without any pesky converter contraption. The seat has a very sturdy sun visor thingie, unlike other carseats that were flemsy and loose. Not to mention, I love the black, gray and white combo. Good for girl or boy... thinking ahead.

4. Aden Anais Muslin Baby Wraps Swaddles: I think every mama loves these blankets. So light and airy! And they come in the cutest girly prints. I was thrilled when we received 2 packs from my home group girls. After watching a youtube video on the Happiest Baby on the Block Swaddle, both Mama and Daddy H have perfected the swaddle with these blankets. They are just the right thickness with Brynn's warm and cozy jammies, not too heavy.

5. Carter's Sleep & Play: If you have seen any of my facebook pictures, or follow me on Instagram (@mrsrusko) you can clearly tell that we have a jammie obsession. The footsie jammies from Carter's are some of our favorites. We have both cotton and fleece, for the cold nights. Tom cracks up the different animals on the feet, his favorite are the kitties. These jammies have been perfect for the lounging around we've been doing in the past weeks, or when we head out to run errands in our comfies.


6. Baby Reindeer Hat: This was by far one of my favorite gifts. Brynn's Auntie May May bought her this hat and couldn't wait until the baby shower to give it to her. She purchased it from this Etsy site. We rocked this hat all the way until the first of January, and it made the Christmas card. Who doesn't love a baby in antlers. I am cruising the site for a new hat to wear until the warm weather starts up. 

We have lots of other favs from the first month but these items were crucial in the first few weeks. Until next month...


No comments:

Post a Comment